Whether you are out on an overnight hunting trip, or just a short journey into the woods for rifle practice, carrying the best hunting rifle sling to support your rifle is important.
The sling should be of a good enough quality that it doesn’t slip off your shoulders easily. It should also fit your rifle and your body type effectively so it is not awkward to use or carry.
I would suggest trying a couple of different slings at a local retailer or gun shop to see which one suits you best.
Practice crouching and standing up to aim as well, so you know if the sling will be helpful for balancing your rifle.
Once you figure out what you want in a rifle sling, you are now ready to take a look at the specific ones on the market.
In a Hurry?
Magpul RLS Rifleman Loop Two Point Standard Sling will be a great fit for your Rifle.
|1||Allen Rifle Sling with Swivels & No...||$19.25||Buy on Amazon|
|2||SOMA Rifle Sling 550 Paracord 2...||$14.98||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Allen BakTrak Bullet Rifle Sling...||$29.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Allen Company Ruger Summit...||$14.91||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Magpul Rls Rifleman Loop Two Point...||$18.95||Buy on Amazon|
- 12 Best Rifle Sling Reviews
- #1. Butler Creek Comfort Stretch Rifle Sling with Swivels
- #2. 2 Point Rifle Sling by Zengi
- #3. Levy’s Leathers SN27 Leather Cobra Rifle Sling
- #4. STI 2 Point Rifle Sling
- #5. Gun Sling Paracord 550 Adjustable w/ Swivels
- #6. Ultimate Rifle Sling
- #7. Blackpowder Products Original Series
- #8. KAYLLE 2-Point Rifle Sling Mount
- #9. Magpul RLS Rifleman Loop Two-Point Standard Rifle Sling
- #10. Eagle Rock Gear 550 Paracord 2 Point Gun Sling for Rifles
- #11. Braudel 2 Point Rifle Slings
- #12. Allen Rifle Sling with Swivels & No Slip Baktrak Technology
- How To Use Rifle Sling
- What Should Look
- Points of attachment
- Other Factors
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- Final Verdict
12 Best Rifle Sling Reviews
#1. Butler Creek Comfort Stretch Rifle Sling with Swivels
Also earning a spot on our list, this rifle sling also packs several fantastic features that make it one of the top-rated options on the market. The sling is of high-quality construction that can withstand years of daily use, making it a good option for the regular hunters.
Although there are a ton of impressive features in this model, this sling goes for a slightly lower price that suits nearly every pocket of a dedicated shooter. Therefore, in case you need a high-quality rifle sling that can get the job done correctly, this is one of the models that you need to consider buying.
A good sling needs to remain shouldered during your adventure. And yes, considering this factor, this model features premium-grade rubber grips that hold it nicely on the shoulders to ensure that it does not slip off unintentionally.
If you are dealing with a quite heavy firearm, or maybe find yourself taking longer walks with your rifle, you should ensure that the sling you choose is well padded. Good padding cushions the shoulder to reduce the amount of pressure that the rifle exerts on the shoulders.
- The rubber grips keep it in place.
- The construction is good.
- It installs easily.
- The padding is nice.
- The swivels are not the best.
#2. 2 Point Rifle Sling by Zengi
This rifle sling is great for the budget-conscious consumer.
There are several good reasons why the Zengi would suit your needs for a rifle sling.
The Zengi comes with wide webbing along the sling that is a great feature because it provides a comfortable point of contact with your shoulder, especially if your rifle is heavy.
This is especially handy if you need to carry around a heavier gun for long distances because your shoulder won’t feel as much strain.
This sling comes with wide clips so they won’t break or bend if under a little more stress. You will appreciate this feature because it means that the clips won’t need to replaced as often if you use it in rugged conditions often.
It is made with flexible elastic material so it won’t be stiff when using your rifle in different positions, especially if you find you need to adjust your position quickly. This is especially handy when you need to aim quickly if you get a sudden shot.
The Zengi is one of the most reasonably priced 2-point slings on the market. This is a nice feature if you want a reliable sling at an affordable price.
- Wide webbing provides good support and comfort
- Swivels are made wider to support the strap for heavier guns
- Flexible elastic eliminates any stiffness when you need to aim
- Great price for the quality of the sling
- This sling has been tested to hold up to 250 pounds of pressure
- 100% lifetime guarantee means you will never need to replace this sling
- The plastic in the construction is not very high quality and feels cheap.
- The straps won’t handle sudden movements like sprinting
- Hooks and connectors are made of metal and have a tendency to bend with too much pressure
- Not as nice looking as some of the other slings on the market with similar features
#3. Levy’s Leathers SN27 Leather Cobra Rifle Sling
The Leather Cobra is one of the nicest looking and comfortable rifle slings on the market.
There are several good reasons why this sling is a good fit for you.
This rifle sling is made with high-quality leather and attractive in-laid stitching. The quality of the construction exceeds the reasonable price you pay for it.
This is a great feature for those who want to look great when they are out hunting but don’t want to break the bank to do it.
Even though the Cobra is more expensive than other slings with similar features, you may find that the high-quality material and comfort outweigh the extra expense.
If you are using this sling in moderate conditions, then the nice look of the leather will last a long time.
The Cobra comes with an attractive and comfortable green suede backing. This not only enhances the already beautiful look of this sling but makes it extra comfortable to carry around for hours at a time.
- The quality of the leather makes this strap-on of the most attractive hunting slings on the market
- The price is very reasonable for the quality of materials and construction
- The sling is versatile and fits most size rifles
- Padding and strap width make it very comfortable to use
- Loop adjustments can extend the strap to 36”
- Not made for rugged use as that would ruin the clean leather look of the sling
- Drastic changes in temperature can damage the surface of the leather
- More expensive than other slings that can last in more extreme conditions
- Will require more maintenance to keep it looking new
#4. STI 2 Point Rifle Sling
If you want to make a comfortable trip to the woods, I highly recommend that you consider buying a two-point rifle sling. This sling attaches to your rifle at two different points and is not complex like the three-point versions. And yes, being one of the hunters’ favorite, the STI 2 Point Rifle Sling boasts in certain areas.
When out hunting, you need to ensure that you carry your rifle in the most comfortable way as possible otherwise you will end up retreating from the hunt earlier than expected. This sling allows you to make your ideal length adjustments to 55+ inches so that you have an easy time in the woods. In fact, unlike some models that require you to disconnect the rifle first before making adjustments, in this model you don’t need to detach the sling for customization.
Simple Smart Design
Another outstanding feature you will cherish about this model is that it has a simple smart design. This design increases its compatibility with different rifles. Therefore, in case you want a sling that will serve excellently with just about any firearm, the STI 2-Point Rifle Sling might be what you need to purchase.
STI 2 Point Rifle Sling comes with the strongest tube webbing. The strong construction stands up to 4000 pounds of weight which renders it one of the market’s most reliable options. This construction also ensures uniform distribution of weight and will not dig into your shoulder, to ensure that carrying your firearm becomes easier than it has ever been.
- The price is amazing.
- The adjustment loop is great.
- It is easy to use.
- It is very versatile.
- It lets you carry your firearm in different positions.
- It does not come with directions.
#5. Gun Sling Paracord 550 Adjustable w/ Swivels
The Paracord features several features to make your hunting experience more enjoyable and worry-free.
The following are some reasons why the Paracord may be your ideal rifle sling.
The Paracord is easily adjustable from 33″ to 44″ which is a great benefit to you if you choose to use it for different equipment of varying bulks and shapes or even other types of survival gear.
The adjustable straps on this sling mean that you can use it for shotguns, rifles, and crossbows.
The rolled nylon mesh along the strap means it can expand and contract easily so it doesn’t lose its shape. You will really enjoy this feature if you need to switch up your hunting equipment in the middle of a trip.
There are 8 color options for this unit including Black & Tan, Black & Olive and Black & Coyote.
You can choose the color that blends in with the rest of your equipment so your strap won’t stick out like a sore thumb. This helps keep you hidden while aiming and adjusting your position.
- Sling doesn’t loosen the more it is worn like some other slings
- Sturdy design makes it much more durable and long lasting
- Material and construction make it durable and able to stand up to extreme weather conditions
- High-quality construction will support different types of equipment
- Many color options mean you can match other equipment or camouflage
- The material on this sling is flexible and comfortable to use for casual use
- Great price for the options and durability you are getting
- Length restrictions make it unreliable for carrying larger rifles
- Clips that are included are too small for the swivels which makes it difficult to adjust
- The strap is not comfortable for long durations of wear
No products found.
#6. Ultimate Rifle Sling
The Ultimate Rifle Sling comes with a strong double strap made of a durable and comfortable rubber.
This sling really is the ‘ultimate’ in comfort and flexibility. The following are some reasons why this sling might be the best choice for your needs.
The Ultimate Rifle Sling has a dual strap system made of non-slip rubber that eliminates any worry of having your rifle slip off of your shoulder while you are walking or climbing.
You will really enjoy this feature if the terrain you are on is a bit rough and you don’t want to have to keep pushing your rifle onto your shoulders.
This sling can be used with any firearm and even a crossbow or muzzleloader. The design lets you carry your weapon of choice comfortably and securely.
This is a great feature for those hunters who want to switch up their equipment without having to get different slings for all of them. This can also be turned into a ¾ backpack when you split the strap.
This sling comes with swivels made of durable nylon that will hold up with any type of impact or variable conditions. This is especially useful if you are in an area where weather and terrain are unpredictable and extreme at times.
- The rubber strap eliminates slippage
- The design of this sling makes it really comfortable to wear
- Double strap design gives you extra support for larger equipment
- Versatile and can be used to support rifle as well as carry it
- Long-lasting rubber means you don’t need to keep replacing it
- This sling can be adjusted to be used as a strap with the barrel up or down and you can turn it into a backpack
- Screws loosen easily after being used
- You will need to check the swivels before every use to make sure they are on securely
- Swivels are not great quality and don’t fit all rifles
- Rubber tends to stick to clothing and can reduce movement if you need to adjust quickly
#7. Blackpowder Products Original Series
The Blackpowder Claw uses a unique “soft touch” material that makes this sling very comfortable to use.
There are several reasons why this sling may be the right one for you.
The Claw Rifle Sling uses revolutionary new “soft touch” materials that make even the heaviest equipment comfortable to carry. The padding is made of a durable polymer that is molded directly onto the sling.
You will appreciate this feature because it gives the extra stretch you will need for sudden movements and shifts in position. It also adds to the overall comfort of the sling if you need to carry it for long periods of time.
The Blackpowder sling also comes with the patented “Hush Stalker II Sling Swivels” which are rustproof and very quiet to use, unlike some metal swivels that squeak and rattle.
The strength of these swivel means that they will carry twice the weight of conventional swivels. You will appreciate these swivels because they fit most types of guns and won’t dent or scratch your equipment.
This sling comes in 5 different colors that you will be able to match up with the rest of your equipment and camouflage.
This is a great feature because it means that you will blend in that much more with the rest of your surrounding. This is good for game hunting where you are not that far away from your target.
- Quiet swivels eliminate the risk of scaring game away
- The strength of the swivels means you can carry larger weapons comfortably
- Rustproofing on the swivels makes them last longer
- The soft material makes this sling easier on the shoulder
- Color choices allow you the option of matching your cameo to your strap
- Can be a little difficult to adjust
- Swivels are flimsy and attach unevenly to the rifle
- Strong grip of a strap can actually hinder your movement
#8. KAYLLE 2-Point Rifle Sling Mount
- Premium Sling for Shotgun, Airsoft, AR15, AK
- Durable & Quick Length Adjust
- Multi Use for Tactical, Hunting, Sniper, Shooting
- Well Built and Sturdy
- PREMIUM heavy-duty chafe resistant custom nylon webbing makes it
- It can fit all guns types and sizes
- Comes with extra strong hooks for a long lasting usage.
#9. Magpul RLS Rifleman Loop Two-Point Standard Rifle Sling
This rifle sling also adopts the convenient two-point design. Although it boasts premium construction, this top-in-class model goes at a budget-friendly price that most gunmen can readily afford without stepping out of their budget. Therefore, in case you are looking for the hottest deal that the market offers, you should not go beyond the Magpul RLS Rifleman Loop.
Most rifles weigh about seven pounds. Therefore, the more you carry, the heavier they become. With this in mind, this rifle sling features a sturdy yet lightweight design to ensure that they do not add more weight to what already seems much to carry over long distances.
Our very option comes in the beautiful black color. This color goes nearly with any apparel. However, in case black is not your color or you already have a black one and want to try out a different color, the sling is also available in a brown color that will again dovetail readily with nearly any style.
Another adorable feature we like in this model is that it has a tubular construction. The tubular structure helps to prevent rubbing and snag that comes along with slings that have edges. This design also ensures cushioned comfort so that you can carry the rifle for hours in the woods without getting weary.
- It creates a stable shooting platform.
- It does not slip off from the shoulder.
- It is very light yet sturdy.
- The nylon material is of premium quality.
- It is easy to adjust.
- Installation is not that intuitive.
#10. Eagle Rock Gear 550 Paracord 2 Point Gun Sling for Rifles
Eagle Rock is a reputable manufacturer that is dedicated to developing durable and innovative products that make outdoor adventure more enjoyable and comfortable than ever. And yes, among their most loved products by adventurers is the Eagle Rock Gear Gun Sling for Riffles.
For a rifle sling to be comfortable to carry for an extended period, it needs to be wide enough to ensure that the weight of the firearm is distributed over a large surface area on the shoulder. The triple cobra weaved paracord strap of this model measures 1.5 inches wide, broader than the majority of the competing models to make shouldering your rifle, crossbow, airsoft gun, and shotgun less tiresome.
Although nearly all the slings allow for length adjustment, the level of customization they permit differs. This option lets you customize its length from 43 inches to 57 inches using the easy pull loop. The wide adjustment range means that the two-point sling will suit users of different statures.
Multiple Color Options
Unlike other slings that are only available in one or two color options, this sling comes in seven colors; black, tan, army green, charcoal grey, black and tan, black and army green, and camouflage. Therefore, before you place an order, be sure to select the color that best suits your style.
- It is available in wide color varieties.
- It is easy to adjust.
- It has a wide adjustability range.
- It comes with attachments.
- The price is reasonable.
- It is not entirely made of paracord.
#11. Braudel 2 Point Rifle Slings
If you are in the lookout for durability, going by this choice would be a wise idea. The sling features premium chafe-resistant nylon construction that is paired with excellent engineering to ensure that it outlasts the majority of other options going for the same price. The sling offers several mount options with simple release clasps and has padding which helps to ease the pressure off the shoulder to make carrying even the heaviest firearms easier than ever before even over long distances.
This model adjusts in length for up to 43.5 inches to accommodate various user needs. To adjust the sling, just pull off the strap to your ideal position and that’s it; as straightforward as a five-finger exercise. In fact, you don’t even have to work with buckles, fasteners, or any hooks.
Having a rifle sling that has wider compatibility is always an added advantage since it lets you to use it in different rifles. This sling comes with a versatile design that fits guns that have screw studs already mounted. In other words, the multi-purpose design ensures that you will not need to buy another sling in case you acquire another tool.
Although most people do not pay attention to the swivel when buying a sling, it is a very critical part that requires thorough examination before making any purchase. The detachable swivels of this option are of heavy-gauge stainless steel that is as durable as the other parts of the sling. Therefore, with this sling, you are sure that some parts will not wear out faster than other parts.
- The rings are very decent.
- The padding is impressive for the price.
- The quality is good.
- The construction is very durable.
- The swivels are detachable.
- There are no other color varieties.
#12. Allen Rifle Sling with Swivels & No Slip Baktrak Technology
This option comes with premium construction that guarantees years of reliable performance. The buckles feature metal construction and will not corrode even with extended use in the outdoor environment. Also, the top-grade choice is designed to remain on the shoulders, unlike other slings that slip off when you are in motion.
This sling is designed to remain comfortable on the user’s shoulder by distributing the pressure that the rifle exerts over a large surface area. The wide design implies that you can use it for carrying heavy rifles when going for long adventures without becoming too much weary like when using other options in the competition.
In case you want something that looks unique, or maybe stylish, I recommend that you should try out this option. The accent stitching in this sling leaves back a beautiful design and is professionally done to ensure the maximum durability of the sling even with everyday use.
To be sure that the sling you buy can reliably support your firearm, you need to ensure that the construction is quality. And yes, Allen Rifle Sling is among the market’s top-quality options you will come across. The sling is rated to support up to 300 pounds of weight, much more than any rifle can ever have.
- It is easy to adjust with one hand.
- The material of the sling is heavy-duty.
- It is very comfy to carry.
- It is cost-efficient.
- It has a very stylish design.
- It does not allow for wide adjustability.
- The metallic buckle is pretty noisy.
How To Use Rifle Sling
What Should Look
The distance you are traveling carrying your weapon is an important consideration when purchasing a rifle sling.
The best hunting rifle sling will be as comfortable and lightweight as possible. This is especially important if you plan on carrying your hunting equipment for hours at a time.
Points of attachment
There are three different points of attachment on a rifle sling, one-point, two-point, and three-point. Some manufacturers also offer a convertible sling that can be adjusted to any of these three.
A survey of the top 50 shooters in the 2014 Precision Rifle Series (PRS) showed that the 3-point attachment was widely recommended as the best option.
If you use your sling to balance your rifle as well as carry it, the flexibility will be very important to you.
If the sling is too stiff or doesn’t bend in just the right way it can really throw your aim off. You want the flexibility to carry it in different ways as well if it starts to get uncomfortable.
Some of the best tactical rifle slings are made with inexpensive materials that still provide support and comfort. You can also choose a more expensive but much more attractive material like leather to make a statement.
Some slings will come in a rubber material that hugs the shoulder and is guaranteed not to fall off under any circumstances.
- Swivel Type – The type of swivel on the sling is important depending on how wide your strap is and how heavy your gun is.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
What is a hunting rifle sling?
This is a type of a strap worn by a hunter on the shoulders, which makes carrying the firearm less tiresome. Its major aim is to provide convenience when carrying the firearm so that you don’t have to carry it in your hands all through.
Why is it called a two-point sling?
The reason behind the name ‘two-point’ sling is that these kinds of slings provide the shooter with two connection areas for attaching the firearm. It is the most traditional sling design and the most preferred since its design helps in shooting.
Which is the ideal hunting rifle sling for you?
Although there are many options to choose from, you need to choose the one that will give you the easiest of time in your journey to the woods. And yes, this is what you exactly get with our hand-picked options.
What do you consider when buying a rifle sling?
Before adding that rifle sling to your shopping cart, take into consideration things like adjustability level, the material, level of comfort (padding and width of the strap), swivel, and the price.
How durable are hunting rifle slings?
Although most slings are generally long-lasting, their durability is subject to the type and quality of the material used. A decent quality sling can last for even decades with proper care.
The best rifle sling for hunting is by far the Ultimate Rifle Sling for durability, comfort, and versatility of design. While it might not be the best looking out of all the straps reviewed, it more than makes up for that in all of the features you will enjoy.
The double strap makes carrying around heavier equipment easy and comfortable. If your shoulder does end up getting fatigued, then you can adjust the sling to be used as a backpack to reduce strain.
You will always feel secure with the rubber grip of this sling because it completely eliminates any slippage that you might experience with other materials. I would highly recommend this sling to anyone who wants the comfort and security of a well-made and non-slip rifle sling.