Are you looking forward to purchasing a grease gun? Whether you are a DIYer, professional mechanic, or just a homeowner looking forward to lubricating some machines, you will be pleased to know that there is a grease gun that is perfect for you.
Grease guns come in a variety of models and types which can make it quite confusing when you want to select a model that will meet your needs.
Therefore, keep reading and be sure to take advantage of the provided buyer’s guide so that you can pick a gun that is designed to meet your needs.
10 Best Grease Gun Reviews
#1. DEWALT DCGG571M1 20V MAX Cordless Grease Gun
Are you looking for a grease gun that is powerful enough to spread the grease through clogged grease fittings? If that is the case, I recommend the Dewalt DCGG571M1 Cordless Grease Gun. The gun is equipped with a powerful motor which enables it to deliver 10,000psi so that it can pass the grease through clogged areas.
In addition to that, it includes a high-volume pump that pushes up to 5.0oz per minute. As such, the gun is an ideal option when you are in need of the best cordless grease gun for high-flow applications.
You can get this gun when you are in need of a grease gun that will help you reach hard-to-access fittings since it is equipped with an extra-long, flexible hose.
In addition to that, the gun is a perfect choice for use with grease fittings located in hard-to-see areas due to the bright LED light that provides the required light. The Dewalt DCGG571M1 grease gun includes a variable speed trigger which offers accurate control of the grease flow.
Also, there is an innovative pump filter screen which helps to prevent dirt from clogging the pump so that you can get it with an assurance of reliable performance.
- The gun allows for up to 16 cartridges per charge which makes it a perfect option when convenience is needed.
- An air-breeder valve aids in pump priming once you have changed the cartridges.
- The gun comes with a shoulder strap that makes it easy to carry and a kit box meant to enhance easy organization.
- A no-mar foot design allows you to place the grease gun on flat surfaces.
- The gun comes with a fast charger that makes it easy to charge the battery.
- A premium lithium ion battery lasts for long.
- The gun works perfectly on stuck grease fittings.
- It is easy to clean and load.
- It delivers mess-free results.
- The gun is quite bulky.
#2. Alemite 500-E Grease Gun
Designed to deliver a pressure of up to 10,000psi, this is one of the grease guns to consider when you are in need of one that will pass grease through clogged fittings. In fact, the gun delivers the lubricant at a rate of 1oz. Per 21 strokes which makes it a great choice in a variety of applications.
It comes with an 18” hose and coupler which enables it to serve as a great choice where a greater reach is needed. You can get this gun when you are in need of a lightweight yet durable grease gun, thanks to the die-cast aluminum head.
Also, the gun is a perfect choice for a grease gun that is designed to last since it includes a bleeder valve that prevents it from building excessive pressure in the cylinder to protect it from wearing out.
The gun is designed to inject grease into standard grease fittings, and as such suitable for lubricating construction and industrial equipment, motor vehicles and aeronautics.
Once you get it, you can load the lubricant in three different ways, where you can opt to refill from an Alemite loader pump, 14 oz. Cartridge, or suction.
- A 16oz. Cylinder capacity eliminates the need for constant refilling.
- A lever mechanism delivers a standard volume output.
- A vinyl cover on the lower portion of the lever makes it easy for you to grip.
- A flexible hose enhances easy access to tight areas.
- The cartridge is easy to load.
- The gun doesn’t leak.
- It connects and detaches from fittings with a lot of ease.
- It delivers enough pressure so that it can allow the grease to pass through clogged fittings.
- A solid piston mechanism guarantees strength.
- The gun is a little pricey.
- It is quite difficult to pump with it.
#3. Lincoln 1162 Air Operated Grease Gun
Next on the review is Lincoln Air-operated grease gun which serves as an excellent pick for a pneumatic grease gun that is designed for industrial applications.
The gun features a fully automatic design to guarantee ease of use. Further, it features a variable speed trigger which provides excellent grease flow control so that it can ensure precise results.
You can be sure to forget about priming issues after acquiring this model due to the advanced pump design.
Also, the gun serves as a perfect pick when you are in need of one that will guarantee reliability during tasks that call for a continues operation due to the fully automatic variable speed trigger that enhances reliability.
- A 30” high-pressure hose works perfectly with the included coupler and attachment clip.
- The maximum grease pressure of the gun is 6000psi which makes it suitable for applications with clogged grease.
- An air pressure range of 40-150psi ensures reliability in industrial applications.
- An accessible check valve enhances convenience when cleaning the gun.
- The gun is easy to operate.
- It delivers a superior flow performance.
- The gun doesn’t require a lot of air capacity to do the job.
- It is constructed using quality materials to guarantee durability.
- One may be required to purchase different quick connect couplers since the included coupler doesn’t fit all grease fittings.
- It is quite tough to turn the nozzle so that it can lock onto the grease fittings.
#4. Lumax LX-1152 Black Heavy Duty Deluxe Pistol Grease Gun
Lumax pistol grease gun is equipped with a heavy-duty cast head that develops up to 7,000psi. As a result, you can get it with an assurance that it will help you inject the lubricant in clogged fittings.
More to that, the gun features a heavy duty 18-gauge steel barrel, and a chrome painted finish on the handle. The finish aids in delivering maximum protection against corrosion further making the grease gun a great option when you are in need of a gun that is designed to last.
You can opt to get this product when searching for a grease gun that is easy to load since it provides for a three-way loading, where you can use a standard cartridge, grease pump, or suction.
Further, the gun is an excellent pick when you are in need of a grease gun that is easy to use since it is equipped with a pistol grip that provides the convenience of one-handed operation.
The gun includes an air bleeder valve that aids in releasing trapped air to enhance stress-free operation. More so, it features a T-handle that features an oil-resistant contoured grip so that you can be sure of a secure grip when using it.
- A follower rod lock aids in preventing accidental discharge.
- The gun delivers 4oz. of grease per 100 strokes.
- An 18” flexible hose ensures a greater reach.
- A tough follower offers a superior seal meant to eliminate grease by pass.
- The gun features a sturdy and well-built design.
- It is easy to load.
- The hose is long for a greater reach.
- You can control the gun with one hand which is a great plus in ensuring ease of use.
- It is difficult to pull it off the nipple from the grease fittings once the task is over.
- The grease leaks when using the gun.
#5. DEWALT DCGG570B 18V Cordless Grease Gun
Another product from Dewalt is the DCGG570K 18V Cordless Grease Gun. Unlike the former Dewalt gun, this product comes as a bare-tool item where you will be required to get the battery and charger separately.
The grease gun features a powerful motor that delivers 9,000 PSI which is enough power for clogged grease fittings. Further, the gun includes a high-volume pump which pushes up to 5.0oz. Of lubricant per minute so that you can get it for high-flow applications.
Dewalt DCGG570K is designed to last, thanks to the innovative anti-debris filter that filters out the dirt and contamination that might damage the pump.
What’s more, the grease gun is designed to enhance convenience when working in low-lit areas since it includes a bright LED that aids in lighting a place.
The integrated no-mar foot design is another plus of the grease gun so that you can place it on flat surfaces when you want to relax your hands or shoulders.
- A cartridge with a 14.5oz capacity eliminates the need for constant refilling.
- A variable speed trigger offers precise control of the grease flow.
- 42” flexible hose makes it easier to get to the hard-to-access grease fittings.
- Air-bleeder valves aids in pump priming after a cartridge change.
- A carrying strap enhances portability.
- The included strap is comfortable to wear.
- It is a self-priming model hence easy to use.
- The gun delivers fast results.
- One needs to get the battery and charger separately.
- It is slightly heavy.
#6. Lincoln Lubrication 1134 Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun
For those in search of a grease gun that features a pistol grip design, Lincoln lubrication grease gun might be the answer to your questions.
The fact that it features a rugged cast pump head makes it even more worth since you can acquire it with an assurance of strength and durability.
More to that, it features an extra-heavy follower spring. This is meant to ensure an uninterrupted pumping action and positive priming making it the answer to a user-friendly grease gun.
You can get the Lincoln lubrication grease gun when you are in need of a grease gun that is easy to clean, thanks to the accessible check valve that allows you to clean it without having to disassemble.
Further, the gun is a perfect choice for one that will deliver reliable results in clogged grease fittings due to the ability to deliver up to 7,500PSI.
Lincoln grease gun features a 14.5. Oz cartridge capacity to eliminate the need for constant refilling. It weighs 2.8 pounds making it easy to maneuver and use.
- Jam-proof toggle mechanism prevents binding and bending of the plunger.
- Hardened plunger resists scoring to enhance a longer life.
- Precision fit plunger prevents lubricant bypass.
- A high-quality design.
- The gun operates smoothly.
- A lock-on tip prevents the grease from escaping around the grease fittings.
- The pistol-action mechanism provides plenty of pressure.
- The grease tubes are easy to load.
- The grease gun is quite tasking to use for the first days.
- The included instructions are incomplete and unclear.
#7. Astro 101 Mini Grease Gun
If you have been reading this review with the aim of locating a grease gun that is designed for frequent use and users who need to take a grease gun wherever their projects take them, then you should stop at this point.
The fact that this gun weighs 1lbs makes it a great option when portability is concerned.
More to that, it is operable using one hand making it a perfect idea for those in search of a grease gun that is easy to use and one that will allow you to remain in control of the task ahead of you.
- Top nozzle assembly prevents grease from oozing out.
- A cartridge that holds 3oz of lubricant.
- Needle nozzle ensures a precise grease application.
- A traditional spring design enhances ease of use.
- A sturdy design.
- The gun is easy to use and setup.
- Its small size makes it easy to hold when making it suitable for greasing small appliances.
- The gun doesn’t spill the grease during use.
- The gun doesn’t come with instructions. It only includes a sticker printed on the gun, and this isn’t helpful for beginners.
#8. Carbyne Heavy Duty Professional Quality Pistol Grip Grease Gun
On the eighth position is Carbyne pistol grip grease gun. The gun is an excellent choice for those looking for a grease gun that is built-to-last.
Among the features that make this gun a perfect choice for a grease gun that features a durable design is the heavy-duty pistol grip handle and an anodized aluminum barrel.
As a result, you can get it without a doubt of getting a grease gun that is designed to last. Further to the above, the gun comes with a heavy-duty reinforced flex hose. The hose measures 12″ to guarantee a greater reach.
You can get this gun when you are in need of a grease gun that will work perfectly on a variety of grease fittings due to the die-cast head that develops a 4,500psi working pressure.
More to that, the gun is a great pick when you are in need of a grease gun that is convenient to use since it features an air bleeder valve meant to eliminate air pockets.
Carbyne pistol grip grease gun features a non-slip rubber grip to enhance ease of use. Also, the gun includes an ergonomic T-handle so that you can get it with an assurance of getting a sure grip.
- 6” rigid extension ensures a greater reach.
- 3-way grease loading mechanism includes a suction fill, standard cartridge, or dispenser pipe.
- 14 oz. cartridge eliminates the need for constant refilling.
- No-drip protective cap protects the grease from oozing out.
- Removable heavy-duty coupler ensures a secure between the hose and no-drip cap.
- The gun applies the grease precisely.
- It is clean to use and doesn’t leak out the grease.
- It comes with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Quality craftsmanship ensures durability.
- The grease gun fits in the hand comfortably.
- The grease tube is easy to load.
- The gun is a little bit pricey.
#9. Milwaukee 2446-21XC M12 12-Volt Cordless Grease Gun
Achieve greater productivity during greasing projects with Milwaukee grease gun. As one of the best cordless grease guns, this product features a powerful motor that enables it to deliver over 8,000PSI maximum operating pressure.
As such, you can get it when you are in need of a grease gun that will enable you to handle heavy-duty applications. Apart from that, the gun can dispense up to seven grease cartridges per battery charge.
Hence, you can be sure to rely on it when you are looking for a reliable grease gun.
Milwaukee grease gun is designed to deliver great user comfort during prolonged use due to the superior handle balance and ergonomics.
Also, the gun is designed for added convenience and less mess since it comes with a shoulder strap loop. Once you get the gun, you can expect onboard hose storage for better convenience during storage and an LED fuel gauge that to ensure less downtime.
- The gun delivers fast results.
- It features a durable design.
- It is easy to use since you can hold the hose with one hand and pull the trigger with the other.
- The gun is easy to load.
- It comes with a battery pack and a 30-minute charger.
- There is no way to tell the amount of grease left in the cartridge.
- It takes time to clear the air out of the hose.
#10. Workforce MEGA POWER 12V Battery Operated Grease Gun
Concluding our list is this 12-volt battery-operated grease gun. The gun features a plated steel barrel to guarantee strength.
Further to the above, it includes a machined and hardened piston cartridge so that you can get it with an assurance of durability.
You can expect the gun to hold a 14 oz. Grease cartridge and deliver grease at 8,000psi. As such, the gun serves as a perfect choice for a grease gun that will enhance ease of use with clogged grease fittings.
- Dual feed system allows you to connect the gun to cartridges or 5-gal pails.
- A carrying case enhances portability and easy storage.
- Two 12-volt batteries and charge enhance reliability.
- The gun is built solidly and works perfectly.
- The flexible hose makes it easy to maneuver.
- It delivers clean results.
- One can operate the gun with one hand.
- It doesn’t require any pumping during use.
- No instructions to guide the assembly process.
- The nozzle gets stuck on the grease fitting hence difficult to remove after the job.
Grease Gun Buyer’s Guide
Type Of Grease Gun
First and foremost, you will need to determine the type of mechanism you want the grease gun to adopt when operating. Note, this will depend on the reason you need the grease gun. So, have a look at the types of grease guns so that you can determine the gun suited to meet your needs.
Also referred to as the traditional, manual, or hand pump grease guns, these guns feature a handle which you are supposed to squeeze so that they can generate the pressure required to push the grease out. The guns aren’t the easiest to use, but they are highly versatile and powerful.
Air-Powered Grease Gun
If you are looking for a grease gun that will deliver reliable results during industrial applications, then you will be grateful once you get this model. This type of grease guns features a heavy-duty compressor that generates a lot of pressure so that you can use it to lubricate large and complex projects. However, you should be ready to spend more amount if you need to get this model.
As the name suggests, these guns are equipped with a lever which is operated manually so that the gun can dispense the lubricant. The grease guns are not complicated to use since all that you are required to do is to stroke the lever and expect the grease to be propelled. The only challenge that arises when using these guns is that they can be tiresome to use for long periods. As a result, they are not the best type for people who use grease guns on a frequent basis.
Pistol-Grip Grease Guns
These guns resemble a handgun. In fact, they are activated with a finger trigger which assures you of ease of use. The guns are suitable for tight spaces especially in applications where a little amount of lubricant is required.
If you are looking for a grease gun that is designed with portability in mind, this is the way to go. This gun operates without a power cable but includes rechargeable batteries to that you can use them wherever and whenever you wish. You can expect to get the benefit of free movement when you get these grease guns and also use them when there is a power outage.
If you have chosen to get a cordless model or an electric grease gun, then you will need to determine the power or pressure you want the gun to generate. In such a case, have a look at the flow rate of the gun which is measured in ounces per minute, and the pressure which is measured in PSI. If you are looking for a model that will lubricate more equipment within a short time, opt for a grease gun with a higher flow rate and pressure rating.
Will the grease gun enable you to handle a variety of projects? When you want to get the answer to this question, consider the weight of the grease gun, and how easy it is to carry it. In such a case, opt for a grease gun that is lightweight and one that includes a shoulder strap. Next, have a look at the hose and choose a gun that features a flexible hose so that it is easy to maneuver
Convenience/ Ease Of Use
For a grease gun to be classified as the soundest grease gun, it has to be easy to use. In this case, get a grease gun that is comfortable to use during long periods, a gun with a reliable source of power (especially for the cordless models), a grease gun that will let you shoot the lubricant where you need it, among other features. That way, you can be sure to have a grease gun that will help you gain accurate results.
Frequently Asked Questions About Grease Guns
What is the purpose of a grease gun?
Grease guns are used for the grease application process. You can opt to use them to lubricate machines, lawn mowers, factory equipment, chainsaws, vehicles, among other appliances.
Why should I get a grease gun instead of applying the grease manually?
There are a variety of reasons why a grease gun is a better option to a manual application. Among these reasons include accuracy, cleaner results, a faster grease application process, among others.
How much pressure does a grease gun deliver?
The pressure a grease gun delivers depends on the model. For instance, low-pressure models can provide a 1000PSI pressure, whereas high-pressure models can deliver a pressure of up to 15000PSI.
Can I control the amount of grease delivered by a grease gun?
Yes, you can. In fact, grease guns include a trigger which you can press when you want it to release the grease and release it when you want to stop the grease from getting out. In addition to that, other models feature a variable speed trigger. The trigger enables the gun to release a high flow of grease when you press it hard and a smaller flow when you squeeze it a little bit.
What is the mechanism behind the way grease guns operate?
Grease guns use pressure to push out the grease in small quantities so that it can lubricate machinery. Basically, grease guns feature a cylinder that holds the grease and a pressure-generating mechanism inside the cylinder so that they can generate the pressure required to push out the grease.
Although grease guns are availed in different models, there is always a type that is designed to meet your needs. Hence, I urge you to give a try to the types discussed above since these grease guns include the features that make the top grease guns.
Also, pay attention to our buyer’s guide before opting for any model since that is the only way to know the features that you should look for before making any purchase.
David has been working with tool for last 7 years. This resource from his work experience with tools. In his personal life, he is the father of one child.