Kayak fishing is an exciting way to fish. Being out on the water with the fish darting under you is exhilarating.
If you don’t have the right kayak, you could be heading home empty-handed, and with a sunburn which could serve as a painful reminder.
To avoid that, therefore, you will need to get a fishing kayak that works with you, rather than against you.
4 Best Fishing Kayak Reviews
1. Sea Eagle SE370K_P Inflatable Kayak
This kayak is ideal for people who want to cover a lot of water quickly and efficiently.
It is a lightweight kayak that holds up a lot of weight. It is easily portable and will hold the weight of three adults.
If you want to bring your dog along, the kayak won’t puncture from their claws.
It is extremely durable and ideal for any fisher who wants to use their kayak for different options. The kayak is foldable, so you can transport it without needing to strap it to the top of your car. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take it on whitewater rapids up to class III.
- It is a lightweight kayak.
- You can deflate the kayak for easy storage.
- Any water inside the kayak will bail out on its own.
- Three deluxe one-way spouts to keep water from building up.
- Lashed down inflatable spray skirts to keep you dry.
- I-beam construction floor.
- Two skegs on the bottom to speed over the water.
- Pressure gauge to make sure it has the right amount of air.
- Repair kit included if you have an emergency.
- Bow and stern grab line for ultimate control.
- Extra durable to keep pets from puncturing the hull.
- Quick and easy inflation time for more fishing.
- It can handle a lot of different speeds of water.
2.Hobie Mirage Outback Kayak- 2015
If you want a relaxing time while you’re fishing, this is the ideal kayak for you.
With it, your hands can be free to focus on fishing and reeling in that huge catch.
Also, you don’t need to steer or paddle with your hands, letting you concentrate on the perfect fishing spot. The kayak is stable, so you won’t have to worry about flipping it over.
More to that, the seat is adjustable to provide you the most comfortable fishing position. There are plenty of features available to maximize your fishing experience, including plenty of storage for keeping cold drinks, and cup holders for your favorite canned beverage.
- It has a carrying handle to haul it to the water.
- It has a large covered bow hatch.
- The sail mount gives you the best steering ability.
- The MirageDrive allows you to sit back and relax while you’re fishing.
- It has rod holders to keep your hands free.
- Mesh covered storage pocket will hold your items, so they don’t get wet.
- Cup holders keep your drinks in place.
- A twist and stow rudder responds to any movements you need to make.
- Rudder control gives you the best control over the kayak.
- The cargo area has tie-downs to keep your cooler from moving on the kayak.
3.Lifetime Tamarack Sit-On-Top Kayak
As one of the best products, this kayak has a large weight capacity to hold any fisherman and their gear.
It is a Sit On Kayak, so you can see the sides of the kayak to find the schools of fish.
The seat is padded to let you lie back and relax. It has front and rear shock cords to prevent you from tipping over in choppy waters.
There are two storage hatches to hold your fish and other condiments for your fishing trip. You can rest your fishing rods with the holders. The paddle cradle has a shock cord, so you don’t have to worry about losing your paddle while you’re fishing.
- The kayak has UV-protection so that you won’t get sunburned.
- The bottom is flat and stable with deep hull tracking channels.
- The rails are durable enough for you to lean on as you reel in fish.
- Multiple footrest positions give everyone the rest they deserve.
- The seat can be adjusted so that it can accommodate everyone.
- It has a padded seat for maximum comfort.
- Three fishing rod holders allow you to keep them close.
- Two storage containers for storing your catch.
- Easy to carry to and from your vehicle.
- It is a durable kayak that can take on choppy waters.
- The front and rear shock cord straps prevent any turbulence.
4.Ocean Kayak Prowler 13
If you are an angler, this kayak is ideal for you. You will have maximum performance mixed with the best features to catch any fish.
The large bow hatch allows you store a lot of fish. The oversized tank lets you keep everything you need on the kayak.
Ideally, you can place your fishing gear in several different locations. It is the kayak for any fisherman who wants to bring home as much as possible.
This SOK is excellent for finding any fish that may try and dart away from you. It is a fast kayak that can cover a lot of ground while you’re out on the water.
- The performance hull is suited for calm or rough waters.
- It is a fast, stable and quiet kayak, ideal for fishing.
- The front hatch is large for storing your catch.
- You can access the bow and stern with the internal storage.
- It accommodates multiple rods.
- The seat is comfortable for sitting in any position.
- It is transducer compatible and has a skid plate to take on choppy water.
- The rear tank is oversized to hold coolers and crates.
- It will hold tackle boxes and SCUBA gear if you need to swim around.
- The durable kayak will not break while in rough waters.
What Should You Look?
Where to sit?
There are two types of kayaks based on the sitting position; A sit-on-top kayak (SOK) and a sit-in kayak (SIK). If you go for a SOK, you will have a high seat to see the water. They are safer than SIK’s and won’t fill with water if they flip over.
You will have more room to move around and sit on the side of the kayak. SIK’s are ideal for running water and are lightweight for faster speeds. You will stay drier in the SIK, but water can get in the kayak without a way out.
Nearly every kayak uses a paddle to get around the water. If you want the full experience of the old-school kayak, any paddle kayak will work for you.
Some kayaks feature a pedal, such as the Hobie Mirage Drive Line. If you prefer the foot paddles to propel yourself over the water, your hands will be free for fishing.
If you want to splurge on the ultimate kayak, you can find a kayak with an electric motor. They are becoming popular in the fishing community and allow you to rest while you’re fishing. The type of the fishery should be considered before the purchase.
The Weight of the Kayak
You need to look at how you plan on transporting your kayak. You don’t want a heavy kayak that will damage the top of your vehicle. You can find the car top capacity to make sure you can put it on top.
Otherwise, you might have to get a trailer to haul it while you’re driving around. You can use a wheeled cart or dolly to get the kayak to the launch point of the water. You will want a kayak that is easy to transport and easy to move around, especially when you’re out on the water.
It is easy to assume you’ll have necessary space, but you need to know what you want to take fishing. Therefore, this means that you will want to consider the amount of storage you need your kayak to feature.
For instance, if you’re going to keep live bait, you will need to consider where to keep it. Also, you will need to determine if it has room for extra clothes when you need to take some.
This also applies when you have an extra cooler for drinks. Do not forget to consider the length of your fishing rods when determining the storage.
The length, width, seat, and standing ability of the kayak should also be considered before making a purchase.