Possessing a boat is quite prestigious and displays an individual’s standing. Though a boat delivers entertainment and living space, probably an essential aspect is its upkeep.
If you don’t want your boat to look more of what you may hate in life, then you have to take care of it properly.
The materials making your boat will expand and contract as it is heated and cooled when you leave it out in the sun. The sun fades the appearance of your boat and yellows it somewhat.
Then there is the rain, the wind, and the general muck of the outdoors. To keep your boat safe from these hazards, you need to purchase one of the excellent boat covers for your boat.
Too many boat owners, “what is out of sight will be out of mind” and therefore see a boat cover as a security tool.
Boat covers keep dirt away hence reduces the hassle involved in cleaning the boat.
Many available boat covers will get the job done for a reasonable price and efficiently as well.
|1||Anglink Waterproof Boat Cover,...||$89.79||Buy on Amazon|
|2||MSC Heavy Duty 600D Marine Grade...||$95.98||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Classic Accessories StormPro Heavy...||$118.74||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Seamander Trailerable Runabout Boat...||$87.95||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Classic Accessories StormPro Heavy...||$185.22||Buy on Amazon|
7 Best Boat Cover Reviews
#1. BEIGE/TAN VORTEX BEST AVAILABLE-COVER
This cover remains to be the best of the many boat covers available on the market today. It is appropriate for storage as well trailing.
It Stretching due to its material combination is easy. of heavy-duty 600 Denier Solution Dyed Polyester. This makes it the thickest of all available boat covers with some made of as low as 300d and 150d fabric.
The 600d polyester has mildew and water resistant qualities. The thickness contributes to its durability. Solution Dye produces the most colorful fabrics available.
This type of boat cover is double coated with polyurethane on the bottom side. Polyurethane is heat resistant and hence protects the cover from direct heat from the sun.
The beige/tan vortex heavy duty hull fish ski runabout cover is UV and mildew protected. The polyurethane also provides abrasion and tear resistance to these covers.
It can be trailed at any reasonable speed considering its uniquely heavy-duty fabric. These covers expand at the bottom for a perfect fit to your boat. You can strap the comfortably to increase the tightness on your boat.
- Low price compared to other covers.
- Guaranteed durability.
- Has an elastic band and straps to accommodate different boat sizes.
- It has a high-quality storage bag.
- Fitting is perfect.
- Tight fitting property in this cover may make it hard to remove from the boat.
- It is hard to fit if hull measurements differ.
- This cover is not perfect for light duty boats.
#2.BRAND NEW VORTEX *TAN/BEIGE* PONTOON/DECK BOAT COVER
These are right covers when it comes to protecting your boat. They can be used for mooring, storage or trailering.
This boat cover comes in different sizes to be used on different boat sizes. The marine grade polyester canvas making these covers is waterproof to keep moisture away.
The 7.8 oz/600d/600 denier solution-dyed polyester is UV resistant which makes this cover more resistant.
It is twice as thick as most of the boat covers available in the market. The thickness also makes it more durable than other boat covers.
It is coated with polyurethane on the bottom for increased water resistance. It has elastic straps for maximum tightness.
I highly recommend this boat cover to be used with some support system if you are going to use it for storage. This is to prevent water collecting on it.
Different support systems are readily available in online shops. A PVC pipe or a pole can make an economical support system. You should only trailer this cover after eliminating its movement.
This cover is perfect for all unfavorable conditions that can destroy your boat. It is the best boat covers for trailering due to its significant characteristics from the high-quality fabric.
- This is a multipurpose cover.
- It can be used for storage, mooring, and trailing.
- It is easy to fit on the boat.
- It fits on different boat sizes.
- It is easy to stretch due to its material combination.
- It is not easy to trailer it on the road.
- This is especially when moved at high speeds.
- Could be better with more color varieties available.
#3. CLASSIC ACCESSORIES STELLEX ALL SEASONS BOAT COVER
I recommend this boat cover for use on your small sized boat.
The Classic Accessories Boat Cover offers superior protection to your boat despite the climate in your area.
The all-season stellex boat cover will maintain its quality whether you are trailing it on the road or storing your boat at home. The stellex fabric is UV resistant. It is also fade resistant.
This boat cover will be safe to use during snow, wind, sun or rain seasons throughout the year.
The Stellex fabric is uniquely designed for durability. It comes with a fabric coating to protect against stains and dirt. This cover features an elastic cord along the bottom of the edge for a perfect fit and fits on different boat sizes.
It also comes with a strap and buckle system for an enhanced custom fit. It has a durable storage bag to keep it safe when not in use.
The stellex material is 5x colorfast and 20% lighter than other boat covers than other boat covers in its class. The full cut cover allows more room for accessories such as running lights and bow rails.
- It is light in weight hence easy to handle.
- The quick release buckles make it easy to remove from the boat.
- Trailering straps make it fitter.
- It can be used in all climatic conditions.
- It comes with accessories including a storage bag and tie-down straps.
- Extreme weather conditions can adversely affect it.
- It needs to be protected from the sharp boat edges to prevent its tear.
- It is not perfect for trailing as it may tear on the way and let in the wind.
#4. CLASSIC ACCESSORIES DRYGUARD WATERPROOF BOAT COVER
These are the best custom boat covers made from strong PVC-free marine canvas for prolonged durability and tear resistance.
These covers have two air vents stiffeners which reduce wind pressure when trailing it. They also allow the moisture inside the cover to escape.
The DryGuard Waterproof Boat covers have reinforcement panels on the windshield, bow, and stem provide additional protection.
These covers come with integrated buckle and strap systems for easy fitting and trailering. The straps are adjustable and easily snap into quick-release buckles. The adjustable, elastic cord in the hem facilitates a tight, custom fit.
The full cut gives room for running lights and other accessories. These boat covers also come with trailering straps and a mesh storage bag.
This DryGuard waterproof boat cover fits appropriately to hull boats 16’’-18.5’’ long and a 98” beam width. These boat covers have a taped seam construction and have a tough waterproof lamination.
The taped seams prevent water from entering through the stitching.
The covers are available in different colors and are relatively cheap compared to some covers available in the market.
- The covers are easily trailed.
- They are easy to fit primarily due to expansion and small sizes.
- The cover can fit on different boat sizes due to its elastic feature.
- The tie-down straps are comfortable to use and well-spaced.
- It is durable.
- Being waterproofed means that water in the boat cannot come out.
- The mesh storage bag can stain other materials with bright colors.
#5. KOMO HEAVY DUTY TRAILERABLE BOAT COVER
This is constructed from heavy-duty 300D polyester that has a polyurethane coating.
The polyurethane coating also ensures maximum breathability, durability, and longevity.
The waterproof coating protects your boat against rain, snow, tree debris, and bird droppings. It can protect your boat while trailering or storing.
It comes with a convenient storage bag and integrated buckle and strap system. The buckle and strap system ensures tight fit and easiness during trailering.
This boat has an elastic cord on the hem to ensure a tight fit on any boat. The double stitched seams feature on this boat, cover and the rot-proof thread and reinforced fabric at the bow make it more durable.
The Komo Heavy Duty Trailerable Boat Cover fits most of the hull boats without center-consoles or cabins. This cover will keep your boat in the condition you leave the day you cover it.
- It comfortably accommodates different boat sizes due to its elasticity of the cord at the hem.
- It is easy to install compared to other covers.
- Komo Heavy Duty Trailerable Boat Cover fits well to open boats without a windshield.
- Easy to use and durable tie-down straps.
- Relatively cheap compared to covers in the same class.
- It is not available for some given boat sizes.
- Extreme weather conditions may destroy it.
#6. CLASSIC ACCESSORIES LUNEX RS-2 BOAT COVER
These boat covers are designed for both trailering and long-term storage of your boat.
The super strong Lunex RS fabric side panels offer more durability to this cover. The Lunex fabric top provides all-weather protection.
It comes with an integrated buckle and strap system for easy trailering and fitting. This full-cut cover allows extra room for bow rails and other accessories. Stem and bow reinforcement panels provide added strength where it is needed.
It is unique with a support pole that prevents water from pooling on this cover and helps to preserve it.
It has dual air vents to reduce wind pressure during storms and allow moisture to escape from within the boat.
The fabric coating technology used on this boat cover provides water-resistance and repellency. It also shields your boat from dirt and stains.
These covers are UV resistant to protect your boat from sun heat. They are also mildew resistant.
Another important feature on this boat cover is the elastic cord at the bottom hem for a tight, custom fit. It comes with a durable storage bag to protect this cover in its storage.
Its adjustable straps easily snap into quick-release buckles on the cover. This cover fits V-hull fishing boats that are 12’ to 14’ long, with a beam width up to 68-inch.
- It does not stretch hence keeps its shape.
- It is excellent for non-custom cover.
- Both sections of the trailering straps are attached to the cover.
- It has a simple fitting procedure.
- It comes with a support pole to prevent pooling.
- It’s not meant for light-duty boats.
- Weight can be a challenge when it needs to be carried.
#7. BUDGE 600 DENIER BOAT COVER
The Sportsman 600 denier polyester boat cover is 100% waterproof.
It is guaranteed to provide protection to your boat. The heavy-duty boat cover will defend your boat against outdoor elements like rainwater, sun heat, snow, dirt, dust, falling leaves, bird droppings, and more.
The boat cover fits hard top boats 20’-22’ long beam, 106” beam width.
Budge 1200 Denier Boat Cover provides excellent UV protection to your boat. It ensures that your boat’s upholstery does not fade.
The Sportsman 600D-boat cover comes with buckles and straps to help keep the cover secure to your boat. This cover fits your boat entirely and perfectly.
A heavy-duty shock cord sewn into the hem at the edge offers the cover a semi-custom fit. It is exceptionally durable during trailering due to its sturdy straps. So, it is easy to tow your boat to and from the shore.
It is currently available in gray and blue colors.
- It is available in dark colors that are the best for boat covers.
- It is suitable for all types of boats with the given length range.
- It is light hence easy to handle or carry.
- It is durable compared to other covers in its class.
- It gives room inside the boat that you can use to store other things.
- Easily damaged by sharp objects.
- Its straps are easily ripped out of the seams in a short time.
What To Look For When Choosing a Boat Cover?
Buying a boat cover is not an easy task. Remember you only need the best. Consider the following factors before settling on them in a lousy quality cover to buy for your boat.
Type of material
When choosing a boat cover, you need to understand the kind of materials it is made of. The material combination gives it specific properties that will differ from one cover to another.
You should only buy a boat cover that has properties specific to the reasons why you are buying it.
The material used should be the right combination of water repellency and breathability. This will allow trapped water vapor to escape but keep away rainwater at the same time.
Materials making the most excellent boat covers should be mildew and UV resistant.
Tensile strength and abrasion resistance are critical in trailered covers as they withstand road rigors.
The material combinations are diverse, and only a few meet all the requirements. Coated synthetic fabrics come close to the ideal compromise.
You need to take a tape measure and get the widest distance across your boat in a flat line – beam width.
Also, get the forward length in a flat line as well as the centerline length. Allow for options like swim platforms and bow pulpits but don’t measure them. Keep a flat, straight line.
Taking these measurements will help you choose a cover that fits your boat best. Usually, the cover sizes have a one-foot difference in sizes.
Oversized covers will allow the wind to blow in. This leads to a snagging and tearing risk. It also holds rainwater which accelerates mold growth and sagging. If only large boat covers are available, consider using a support pole to create a high point of cover.
Seams should be healthy and vigorous enough to prevent a possible tear. This is very common in poor quality boat covers. Good seaming is necessary for any boat type or size.
Tying cords should be strong to make tying easy and less problematic even in the long-run. They should be easy to manage too.
Always, buy a boat color blended in your favorite color.
Remember, dark colors have a higher UV resistance hence are more durable. Blue, green, and black boat covers last longer than red, tan, or white ones.
Choosing the suitable boat covers and the right material can reduce the amount of maintenance required and the upkeep of your boat. It is worth researching or seeking professional advice.
Choosing an inadequate boat cover may well cost you money down the line. You should struggle no more in choosing boat covers to protect your boats.
Because I work directly with the manufacturers, rest assured that I have provided you with the right information on boat covers in the market. I recommend you to buy one of the products discussed above, and you shall never regret your money. Keep your boat safe!
- 7 Best Boat Cover Reviews
- #1. BEIGE/TAN VORTEX BEST AVAILABLE-COVER
- #2.BRAND NEW VORTEX *TAN/BEIGE* PONTOON/DECK BOAT COVER
- #3. CLASSIC ACCESSORIES STELLEX ALL SEASONS BOAT COVER
- #4. CLASSIC ACCESSORIES DRYGUARD WATERPROOF BOAT COVER
- #5. KOMO HEAVY DUTY TRAILERABLE BOAT COVER
- #6. CLASSIC ACCESSORIES LUNEX RS-2 BOAT COVER
- #7. BUDGE 600 DENIER BOAT COVER
- What To Look For When Choosing a Boat Cover?
- Final Verdict