If you bake cakes in the home regularly or might have just started, then you know how much frustrating it is to remove cake from the pans.
I can say it by confidently that each and every one of us, whether beginner or pro has faced a serious challenge in getting the cake out of the pan. This problem is not just limited to baking cakes but anything that you cook with multiple layers of ingredients and cannot be turned for one or another reason.
Until now you bake cake upside down and to get it out of the pan by inverting the pan and tapping on its base until the cake comes out.
The problem associated with this method is that it ruins soft and fragile cake such as puddings and cheesecake; as a result, the cake loses it looks and cannot be presented on special occasions.
|1||USA Pan Bakeware Leak-Proof...||$58.02||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Nordic Ware Leak Proof Springform...||$20.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Nordic Ware Springform Pan 10 Cup,...||$17.60||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Hiware Springform Pan Set of 3...||$19.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Hiware 9 Inch Non-stick Cheesecake...||$13.99||Buy on Amazon|
- Springform Pan: The Solution for Your Problem
- What is a Springform Pan?
- How to Use a Springform Pan?
- 11 Best Professional Springform Pan Reviews
- #1 MaMix Mini Springform Pans Set
- #2 Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Springform Pan
- #3 Boxiki Kitchen Non-Stick Springform Pan 10 inch.
- #4 Hiware 7 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan
- #5 Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Spring Form Pan, 9-inch
- #6 Zulay Premium 9 Inch Cheesecake Pan
- #7. Nordic Ware Leakproof – Best Springform Pan for Cheesecake
- #8. Nordic Ware Bundt Fancy Springform Pan
- #9. MCIRCO Non-stick Leakproof Round Pan
- #10. Wilton Perfect Results 3 Piece Springform Set
- #11. Norpro Silicone 9 Inch Springform Pan with Glass Base
- How To Make The Perfect Cheesecake
- What To Look For In A Springform Pan?
- Base Material
- Nonstick Coating
- Other Considerations
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- Final Verdict
Springform Pan: The Solution for Your Problem
You may be wondering what you did everything perfectly, got the ingredients right, set the temperature right in the oven, the batter was excellent still the cake didn’t come out entirely of the pan: where’s the problem.
Well, let me assure that it was not your fault the problem is with your regular pan. So having a springform pan will help you by ensuring your cake does not get damaged while removing and remains presentation perfect.
What is a Springform Pan?
In a nutshell, a springform pan is a cookware that lets you quickly bake and remove cake from them as they have removable rings or sides that can slide upside too.
These pans come with the adjustable latching which can be tightened to seal the base of the pan and keep them locked in their fixed position.
Once baking is done, the sides can be unlatched to expand and removed from the cake. Thus the cake comes out from the pan without damaging its shape and structure.
These pans are solely created for the purpose of making it easy to remove cake from the pans.
How to Use a Springform Pan?
11 Best Professional Springform Pan Reviews
#1 MaMix Mini Springform Pans Set
This set of springform pans is a good purchase for cooking cheesecakes, delicate tortes, streusel-topped cakes, and just about any other cake you ever thought of baking. Most chefs like that the pans have double layer non-sticking coating. This feature eliminates the need for flouring or greasing every time before use.
The set comes with three pans each measuring four inches. They all tolerate a temperature of up to 445oF in an oven. Additionally, the pans are of high-quality carbon steel construction for durability. Furthermore, the construction is FDA-approved hence food safe. The stainless steel closure adopts the ergonomic design for easy locking and opening. The pans allow you to create three-layered cakes for any occasion.
The design of the pan suits both left-handed and right-handed users for increased user convenience. The spring-latch and interlocking provide a tight leakproof seal when its time to bake and provides an easy release after baking.
- The set comes with three 4-inch pans.
- The premium-grade carbon steel is durable.
- The unit is FDA-approved.
- The buckle provides a clean release of your baked goods.
- They are easy to clean.
- They bake evenly.
- The quality is good for the price.
- They look nice.
- They are quite small.
- You can’t wash it in a dishwasher.
#2 Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Springform Pan
For over a century, Farberware has established herself as a top-manufacturer of reliable, dependable, and sturdy bakeware. And yes, also coming from this reputable manufacturer, this springform pan will hardly disappoint even with regular use. The unit comes as a single piece and not a set as some of the options on our list.
The premium-grade pan features high-quality construction that heats evenly to ensure uniformity in what you are baking. I mean, this piece will neither warp over time nor develop hot spots. The 9-inch bakeware comes with a nonstick inside which delivers great food release even without flouring or greasing. The easy-release surface ensures easy time in cleaning. You can always keep it in top condition awaiting the next challenge!
Nevertheless, the pan is not dishwasher safe. Also, this piece is oven safe up to the temperatures of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The dark grey finish makes it a nice addition to your kitchen since it will dovetail with the rest of your cookware.
- It features food-safe construction.
- It is easy to clean.
- The bottom is non-stick.
- It withstands up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is affordable.
- The finish is great.
- The coating does not scratch easily.
- The clasp mechanism is solid.
- Some customers found it to leak.
- The opening clip may rust over time.
#3 Boxiki Kitchen Non-Stick Springform Pan 10 inch.
This bakeware is yet another option that releases your food smoothly without leaving a mess. In fact, the unit handles even the most delicate recipes such as tortes, cheesecakes, and layer cakes without crumbling them into a complete mess. Therefore, in case you want to prepare a cake for a special occasion, the Boxiki Kitchen Non-Stick Springform Pan should be on your priority list. The standard size of 10-inch suits most recipes. This feature makes it a versatile option for most professional bakers.
The pan is of heavy-gauge metal construction to ensure maximum durability. Hence, you will enjoy inventing cake recipes like a professional cook for several years to come. The rugged metal construction delivers even heat distribution. Thus, you will get uniformly cooked cake without some parts overcooking.
The construction resists stains, odors, and tarnishing. This feature makes it an ideal purchase for anyone in need of a springform pan that is easy to maintain. And since the unit is dishwasher safe, you will never have to face the hassle that comes along with handwashing. The unit locks to create an excellent seal so that you will never have to worry about messy spills when cooking. Therefore, you will have an easy time to clean your cooking area after baking. The easy-to-hold design allows for convenient handling when taking it in and out of the oven.
- The 10-inch size suits most recipes.
- The heavy-gauge construction resists stains.
- The wide handles have silicone grips.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- The customer service is nice.
- It is entirely leak-proof.
- It cleans with ease.
- The Teflon handles make it easy to use.
- The rim may rust although under a rare circumstance.
- The 10-inch size may not suit small cakes.
#4 Hiware 7 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan
The 7-inch size shows that it is just the right size for making cheesecakes, quiche, streusel, coffee cake, and other common cake recipes. The unit goes nicely with 6 and 8 quarts pressure cooks. The bottom of the pan is specially designed for easy-release. Your cake will always come out cleanly undamaged in every bake!
The non-stick surface makes cleaning super-fast and quick hand washing. However, in case you want a dishwasher-safe model, this pan may not be the perfect option to buy. The springform buckles release easily when necessary and create a tight seal to prevent drips. The high-grade steel construction provides long-lasting performance.
A chemical-free premium coating protects the steel construction for extended durability. Therefore, this springform pan will not rust, corrode, or deteriorate with time like other competing models. I mean, even with the most dedicated cooks, this will work great for years when retaining its new look.
- The springform pan is 7 inches.
- The buckle provides a tight seal.
- The coating is chemical-free.
- The steel construction is durable.
- The pan cleanup is quick and easy.
- It works great for making Pizza.
- The quality is great.
- The unit is leakproof.
- It’s quite shallow for some applications.
- Grease may get stuck at the ridges.
#5 Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Spring Form Pan, 9-inch
Make your beloved ones smile with special cakes and tasty cookies using this springform pan. The pan comes with a durable steel core that will not warp or catch rust with prolonged use. The heavy-gauge construction ensures uniform heat distribution. Hence, what you are cooking will come out of the oven excellently and evenly browned.
The 9-inch pan adopts the multi-purpose design. Therefore, apart from using it for cheesecakes, this high-quality cookware also suits torts, tarts, and deep-dish pizza. The interior side of the pan features a non-stick coating that releases your baked food easily without leaving any mess.
Also, the hinge lock opens with less effort to separate the rim of the pan from the bottom. Therefore, when using this bakeware, you won’t need to turn it over to get your culinary creations. This feature eliminates chances of crumbling. Thus, it should be ideal for use in preparing cakes for special occasions such as valentine, Christmas, birthday, and any other occasion where you want to avoid disappointments as much as possible.
Unlike most of the springform pans that tolerate temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, this model stands up to of 500 degrees Fahrenheit. After use, Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware is dishwasher safe. Clean up has just gotten quicker and simpler!
- It is a 9-inch cookware.
- It withstands oven temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The latch separates the sides from the bottom of the unit.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It looks great.
- The weight is good.
- Clean up is a snap.
- It works nicely.
- It leaves some space between the sides and the bottom.
- The edge may have a bent.
#6 Zulay Premium 9 Inch Cheesecake Pan
In case you are looking for a budget-friendly springform pan that will do the work excellently, you should not overlook this piece. It features high-carbon steel construction that heats up evenly to ensure uniform results. The interlocking layers allow you to get professional results from your favorite recipe.
The sides attach to the bottom of the pan without leaving any space between to ensure that batter won’t drip during the process. The non-slip surface introduces efficiency in cake making since you won’t need to grease the pan or flour as in other ordinary pans.
The stainless steel latch is large for easy opening and locking no matter your hand size. The buckle also allows for easy and smooth release to help save time when providing you with the excellent results you need. However, this pan is not dishwasher-safe which leaves you with handwashing as the only way of keeping it in top condition.
- The buckle locks tightly to create a leakproof seal.
- It has a heat toleration capacity of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The size makes it greatly versatile.
- The easy-release bottom eliminates the need for flouring or greasing.
- The size is good.
- The coating is great.
- It has a high-quality feel.
- The price is reasonable.
- It is not the best option for pith larger parties.
- It is not dishwasher recommended.
#7. Nordic Ware Leakproof – Best Springform Pan for Cheesecake
Nordic Ware is a company that has a history in the kitchen of about 70 years,
In those 70 long years, the company has seen a lot of changes in baking process and has continuously developed better equipment to support the kitchen.
The company gathered all intel and came up with this unique pan and because of such innovation and quality it is the best seller on various site including Amazon. This dark color 9-inch pan is quite suitable for daily use.
This Nordic springform pan has a metal base and a Teflon coating which makes it nonstick in nature. Ideal for baking medium sized cakes and with its easy release design you can achieve wonders with this pan.
It’s pretty easy to clean as the cake batter doesn’t stick to its side walls. The locking mechanism makes the seal nearly leak proof thus avoiding dripping batter and mess. This pan has a capacity of 10 cups and can be cleaned with mild detergent.
- Available in multiple sizes of 9 inch and 7 inch
- Has non-stick coating for easy release of cakes
- The seals are leak tight to avoid messy spills
- Straightforward and easy to use
- Non- stick nature
- Dishwasher safe
- Evenly priced
- Metal base can tarnish
- Prone to scratches
#8. Nordic Ware Bundt Fancy Springform Pan
Nordic Ware is known globally for its top quality cookware around the globe.
Also known as the masters of Bundt cake all over the history it evident that the best Bundt pan in the world would have come from their house.
These are one of the few pans in the world which can offer two in one combo which means that you can bake a regular cake with the standard bottom and also have the option of to bake a cake with a hollow center with another base.
This pan is made from aluminized steel, so it won’t get corroded even after prolonged usage and is coated with Teflon that gives a non-stick coating. The locking mechanism is similar to the previous model.
Thus the seal is nearly leak proof thus avoiding dripping batter and mess. This pan has a capacity of 10 cups and can be cleaned with mild detergent.
The overall quality is very high as a result of the top better manufacturing process and material used.
- Two pans available in one
- Available in two different sizes of 9 inch and 7 inch
- Features a non-stick finish that eases the release of baked items
- The seals are leak tight to avoid messy spills
- Multiple options in one pan
- Durable and corrosion resistant
- High heat resistant
- Good for big cakes
- Not dishwasher safe
- Metal base can get tarnished
#9. MCIRCO Non-stick Leakproof Round Pan
If you are looking for a pan on which you can rely for baking the most fragile cheesecakes or deserts,
No other pan could match the quality or features of MCIRCO Non-stick pan.
There is no match available for this pan in the similar price range; it can prove to be an excellent addition to your cookware. It can also be used as an instant pot pressure cooker.
It is made from heavy duty stainless steel which ensures that it won’t get corroded easily and thus guarantees survival for years. The non-stick coating is made from non-toxic and BPA-free materials.
It looks very much attractive as red and black make a great combo. This pan is heat resistant up to 445 degrees Fahrenheit which is more than sufficient to bake most of the cakes.
One of the best points about this pan is that it comes in all different shapes and sizes, from 4 inches to 9 inches, giving you lots of option to choose from. It is safe to use with microwave, unlike rest of the pans.
- Durable construction, made from steel
- High heat resistant and entirely microwave safe
- Comes with 180days quality assurance Guarantee
- Non-toxic & BPA free non-stick coating for easy release and cleaning
- Aggressively priced
- Has lots of size options
- Attractive looks
- It’s not dishwasher safe
- The metal base which can tarnish and scratched
#10. Wilton Perfect Results 3 Piece Springform Set
If you are one of those guys who love to bake multi-layered cakes with different layers and are need every layer of the cake to be perfectly sized,
Your kitchen is incomplete without Wilton 3 Piece Springform pan set.
The set contains three pans of 8, 9 and 10-inch pans. All the pans have reinforced non-stick layer which enables quick release and makes it very easy to clean.
The pans have convenient handles for easily moving them in and out of the oven.
Every pan’s measurement is stamped on its handle for easier operation. The pan is made from heavy gauge sheet which causes it to heat evenly.
Moreover, it features gray color which means it reflects heat and cooks you cake slowly and evenly making it ideal for delicate cheesecakes.
It doesn’t have a metallic base, so it won’t tarnish and leave a metallic taste. With this in your kitchen, you can create any three layered desserts at your will.
- Three separate pans which can be used as per requirement
- Reinforced nonstick layer for easy removal
- Features convenient handles on every pan for easy use
- It’s dishwasher safe
- Has reinforced nonstick coating
- Three separate pans
- The base can be scratched with sharp objects
- Lacks a glass base
#11. Norpro Silicone 9 Inch Springform Pan with Glass Base
If you are one of those persons that do not like the interference of metallic compounds in your bakeware,
then probably Norpro Silicone Springform pan was tailored for your needs.
It features the unique blend of silicon with glass fiber to give you a perfect Springform pan. The base of the pan is made from composite glass fiber, and side walls are made from silicon.
As a result, you don’t have to worries about the plating of your cake as it can be served on the glass base itself.
The silicon walls also do not stick with the cake and make it much easier to remove the cake.
The silicon ring is high heat resistant and has been tested up to 450F which makes it much more durable, neither does it stains or produce any odor when used.
This pan is much easy to clean and can also be used with dishwasher.
In a nutshell, it might prove to be your perfect investment in the kitchen so far. You can use it regularly without any issues.
- Scratch resistant glass base which can be utilized as a platter
- High heat resistant and non-toxic materials
- No metal base, so no corrosion and metallic tastes
- Stylish and attractive base
- Dishwasher safe
- Sealing issues
- Not that simple to clean
How To Make The Perfect Cheesecake
What To Look For In A Springform Pan?
As everyone’s baking need is different, so they require the pan with various features such as someone needs a bigger pan while others need a pan with more depth.
But there are some basic features which you must look while making the selection of your new pan; some of which are mentioned below.
When you go out in the market to purchase you Springform pan you will find a lot of option such as rectangles, squares, circles, star-shaped, heart shaped and many more designs.
You should select the design which can serve you for multiple purposes such as to make pizza or tortes, tart and others.
One of the most popular models among typical household is circular as it offers enough space to work and can be cleaned easily.
Yes, you do need to decide that how much big cake you are going to bake, depending on the size requirement you can a get a pan that will fulfill your baking needs.
Usually, people tend to go with the 9-inch size, but if you need slightly bigger or smaller pan, they are also available.
Springform pans can be classified by material from which they are made. These pans are made from various materials, and each one of them provides some advantage which the other doesn’t.
- Metal Based pans: Made from a metal such as anodized aluminum or stainless steel. They are very much durable but prone to scratches when you cut the cake in them. Also, they tend to leave a metallic taste in cake sometimes.
- Silicon Based pans: These pans are much tighter as compared to other and offer versatility for baking cakes. Also, they are much easier to remove. But it’s quite difficult to compress the crumb in these pans.
- Glass Based pans: These pans are similar to silicon pans as they don’t get marred if cakes are being cut on them. Also, they do not leave any metallic taste to the cake. Also, they come with either metallic or silicon combination.
If you want that your cakes should come off the pan very neatly then try to get a pan with non-stick coating.
With the nonstick surface, it becomes easier to bake those cakes which cling to the pans. The nonstick surface can be of either silicon or Teflon.
Well, you may be thinking that what is about color but as a matter of fact color plays a vital role in heating of the pan thus, on the whole, the entire baking process.
Lighter color pans reflect heat and require a bit more baking time; such pans are good for cakes that cook slowly.
On the other hand, dark colored pan absorb heat and are suitable for the cake which requires quick heating.
Well, there are some other considerations on which you might want to have a look before making the final selection.
- Durability: Look for the pan which is more durables as you do not bake every day. So you need to a pan which can last long as you are investing your hard earned money into it.
- Warranty: Well an extended warranty may always come in handy, so look for a pan offering better warranty conditions than other.
- Price: it is the most important consideration before you start making any choices. Decide a budget and then go for a pan with practical features in it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
How do you seal a springform pan?
To create a tighter seal, you can lay a sheet of aluminum foil across the bottom before attaching the collar to the bottom.
Can you make a regular cake in a springform pan?
Springform pans are specially designed for cakes and other related recipes. Therefore, you can use it for any cake recipe.
How do you keep a cheesecake from sticking to a springform pan?
Most springform pans have a non-stick interior. However, you can ensure a more effortless cake release by rubbing the inside of the pan with butter before you pour in the contents.
What is the ideal pan for cheesecake?
Although you can also use the regular pans for the work, they are not perfect. The ideal cookware to use for cheesecake is the springform pan. However, this pan is slightly more costly than the common pans.
How full should a cheesecake pan be?
To get professionally-baked cheesecake, you need to ensure that you don’t fill the pan more than 3/4 full. Therefore, no matter the size of the pan you are using, always ensure that the ingredients do not exceed the 3/4 mark.
In the above guide, we reviewed some of the great springform pan available in the market today. So if you are looking to get yourself a new pan, then any of the pans on the list could be a decent choice and meet all your demands.
Personally, I prefer Norpro Silicone 9 Inch Springform Pan with Glass Base as I don’t want metallic taste in my cake and also I don’t have to worry about a platter on which I can cut the cake.
Never hesitate to spend some extra bucks to get high-quality products as it will serve you better and longer.