If you bake cakes in the home regularly or might have just started, then you know how much frustrating it is to remove cake from the pans.
I can say it by confidently that each and every one of us, whether beginner or pro have faced a serious challenge in getting the cake out of the pan. This problem is not just limited to baking cakes but anything that you cook with multiple layers of ingredients and cannot be turned for one or another reason.
Until now you bake cake upside down and to get it out of the pan by inverting the pan and tapping on its base until the cake comes out.
The problem associated with this method is that it ruins soft and fragile cake such as puddings and cheesecake; as a result, the cake loses it looks and cannot be presented at special occasions.
Top 3 Springform Pan 2018
|Nordic Ware Leakproof||9 inch and 7 inch||A++||Check Price|
|Nordic Ware Bundt Fancy||9 inch and 7 inch||A++||Check Price|
|MCIRCO Non-stick Leakproof||4 inches to 9 inches||A||Check Price|
Springform Pan: The Solution for Your Problem
You may be wondering what you did everything perfectly, got the ingredients right, set the temperature right in the oven, the batter was excellent still the cake didn’t come out entirely of the pan: where’s the problem.
Well, let me assure that it was not your fault the problem is with your regular pan. So having a springform pan will help you by ensuring your cake does not get damaged while removing and remains presentation perfect.
What is a Springform Pan?
In a nutshell, a springform pan is a cookware that lets you quickly bake and remove cake from them as they have removable rings or sides that can slide upside too.
These pans come with the adjustable latching which can be tightened to seal the base of the pan and keep them locked in their fixed position.
Once baking is done, the sides can be unlatched to expand and removed from the cake. Thus the cake comes out from the pan without damaging its shape and structure.
These pans are solely created for the purpose of making it easy to remove cake from the pans.
How to Use a Springform Pan?
5 Best Professional Springform Pan Reviews
1. Nordic Ware Leakproof – Best Springform Pan for Cheesecake
Nordic Ware is a company that has a history in the kitchen of about 70 years,
In those 70 long years, the company has seen a lot of changes in baking process and has continuously developed better equipment to support the kitchen.
The company gathered all intel and came up with this unique pan and because of such innovation and quality it is the best seller on various site including Amazon. This dark color 9-inch pan is quite suitable for daily use.
This Nordic springform pan has a metal base and a Teflon coating which makes it nonstick in nature. Ideal for baking medium sized cakes and with its easy release design you can achieve wonders with this pan.
It’s pretty easy to clean as the cake batter doesn’t stick to its side walls. The locking mechanism makes the seal nearly leak proof thus avoiding dripping batter and mess. This pan has a capacity of 10 cups and can be cleaned with mild detergent.
- Available in multiple sizes of 9 inch and 7 inch
- Has non-stick coating for easy release of cakes
- The seals are leak tight to avoid messy spills
- Straightforward and easy to use
- Non- stick nature
- Dishwasher safe
- Evenly priced
- Metal base can tarnish
- Prone to scratches
2. Nordic Ware Bundt Fancy Springform Pan
Nordic Ware is known globally for its top quality cookware around the globe.
Also known as the masters of Bundt cake all over the history it evident that the best Bundt pan in the world would have come from their house.
These are one of the few pans in the world which can offer two in one combo which means that you can bake a regular cake with the standard bottom and also have the option of to bake a cake with a hollow center with another base.
This pan is made from aluminized steel, so it won’t get corroded even after prolonged usage and is coated with Teflon that gives a non-stick coating. The locking mechanism is similar to the previous model.
Thus the seal is nearly leak proof thus avoiding dripping batter and mess. This pan has a capacity of 10 cups and can be cleaned with mild detergent.
The overall quality is very high as a result of the top better manufacturing process and material used.
- Two pans available in one
- Available in two different sizes of 9 inch and 7 inch
- Features a non-stick finish that eases the release of baked items
- The seals are leak tight to avoid messy spills
- Multiple options in one pan
- Durable and corrosion resistant
- High heat resistant
- Good for big cakes
- Not dishwasher safe
- Metal base can get tarnished
3. MCIRCO Non-stick Leakproof Round Pan
If you are looking for a pan on which you can rely for baking the most fragile cheesecakes or deserts,
No other pan could match the quality or features of MCIRCO Non-stick pan.
There is no match available for this pan in the similar price range; it can prove to be an excellent addition to your cookware. It can also be used as an instant pot pressure cooker.
It is made from heavy duty stainless steel which ensures that it won’t get corroded easily and thus guarantees survival for years. The non-stick coating is made from non-toxic and BPA-free materials.
It looks very much attractive as red and black make a great combo. This pan is heat resistant up to 445 degrees Fahrenheit which is more than sufficient to bake most of the cakes.
One of the best points about this pan is that it comes in all different shapes and sizes, from 4 inches to 9 inches, giving you lots of option to choose from. It is safe to use with microwave, unlike rest of the pans.
- Durable construction, made from steel
- High heat resistant and entirely microwave safe
- Comes with 180days quality assurance Guarantee
- Non-toxic & BPA free non-stick coating for easy release and cleaning
- Aggressively priced
- Has lots of size options
- Attractive looks
- It’s not dishwasher safe
- The metal base which can tarnish and scratched
4. Wilton Perfect Results 3 Piece Springform Set
If you are one of those guys who love to bake multi-layered cakes with different layers and are need every layer of the cake to be perfectly sized,
Your kitchen is incomplete without Wilton 3 Piece Springform pan set.
The set contains three pans of 8, 9 and 10-inch pans. All the pans have reinforced non-stick layer which enables quick release and makes it very easy to clean.
The pans have convenient handles for easily moving them in and out of the oven.
Every pan’s measurement is stamped on its handle for easier operation. The pan is made from heavy gauge sheet which causes it to heat evenly.
Moreover, it features gray color which means it reflects heat and cooks you cake slowly and evenly making it ideal for delicate cheesecakes.
It doesn’t have a metallic base, so it won’t tarnish and leave a metallic taste. With this in your kitchen, you can create any three layered desserts at your will.
- Three separate pans which can be used as per requirement
- Reinforced nonstick layer for easy removal
- Features convenient handles on every pan for easy use
- It’s dishwasher safe
- Has reinforced nonstick coating
- Three separate pans
- The base can be scratched with sharp objects
- Lacks a glass base
5. Norpro Silicone 9 Inch Springform Pan with Glass Base
If you are one of those persons that do not like the interference of metallic compounds in your bakeware,
then probably Norpro Silicone Springform pan was tailored for your needs.
It features the unique blend of silicon with glass fiber to give you a perfect Springform pan. The base of the pan is made from composite glass fiber, and side walls are made from silicon.
As a result, you don’t have to worries about the plating of your cake as it can be served on the glass base itself.
The silicon walls also do not stick with the cake and make it much easier to remove the cake.
The silicon ring is high heat resistant and has been tested up to 450F which makes it much more durable, neither does it stains or produce any odor when used.
This pan is much easy to clean and can also be used with dishwasher.
In a nutshell, it might prove to be your perfect investment in the kitchen so far. You can use it regularly without any issues.
- Scratch resistant glass base which can be utilized as a platter
- High heat resistant and non-toxic materials
- No metal base, so no corrosion and metallic tastes
- Stylish and attractive base
- Dishwasher safe
- Sealing issues
- Not that simple to clean
How To Make The Perfect Cheesecake
What To Look For In A Springform Pan?
As everyone’s baking need is different, so they require the pan with various features such as someone needs a bigger pan while others need a pan with more depth.
But there are some basic features which you must look while making the selection of your new pan; some of which are mentioned below.
When you go out in the market to purchase you Springform pan you will find a lot of option such as rectangles, squares, circles, star-shaped, heart shaped and many more designs.
You should select the design which can serve you for multiple purposes such as to make pizza or tortes, tart and others.
One of the most popular models among typical household is circular as it offers enough space to work and can be cleaned easily.
Yes, you do need to decide that how much big cake you are going to bake, depending on the size requirement you can a get a pan that will fulfill your baking needs.
Usually, people tend to go with the 9-inch size, but if you need slightly bigger or smaller pan, they are also available.
Springform pans can be classified by material from which they are made. These pans are made from various materials, and each one of them provides some advantage which the other doesn’t.
- Metal Based pans: Made from a metal such as anodized aluminum or stainless steel. They are very much durable but prone to scratches when you cut the cake in them. Also, they tend to leave a metallic taste in cake sometimes.
- Silicon Based pans: These pans are much tighter as compared to other and offer versatility for baking cakes. Also, they are much easier to remove. But it’s quite difficult to compress the crumb in these pans.
- Glass Based pans: These pans are similar to silicon pans as they don’t get marred if cakes are being cut on them. Also, they do not leave any metallic taste to the cake. Also, they come with either metallic or silicon combination.
If you want that your cakes should come off the pan very neatly then try to get a pan with non-stick coating.
With the nonstick surface, it becomes easier to bake those cakes which cling to the pans. The nonstick surface can be of either silicon or Teflon.
Well, you may be thinking that what is about color but as a matter of fact color plays a vital role in heating of the pan thus, on the whole, the entire baking process.
Lighter color pans reflect heat and require a bit more baking time; such pans are good for cakes that cook slowly.
On the other hand, dark colored pan absorb heat and are suitable for the cake which requires quick heating.
Well, there are some other considerations on which you might want to have a look before making the final selection.
- Durability: Look for the pan which is more durables as you do not bake every day. So you need to a pan which can last long as you are investing your hard earned money into it.
- Warranty: Well an extended warranty may always come in handy, so look for a pan offering better warranty conditions than other.
- Price: it is the most important consideration before you start making any choices. Decide a budget and then go for a pan with practical features in it.
In the above guide, we reviewed some of the great springform pan available in the market today. So if you are looking to get yourself a new pan, then any of the pans on the list could be a decent choice and meet all your demands.
Personally, I prefer Norpro Silicone 9 Inch Springform Pan with Glass Base as I don’t want metallic taste in my cake and also I don’t have to worry about a platter on which I can cut the cake.
Never hesitate to spend some extra bucks to get high-quality products as it will serve you better and longer.
Top Editor in TheDearLab. Traveler, Reader.