You can easily monitor your Oxygen saturation (SaO2) levels using a wrist-based O2 sensor. These devices can help you track your vitals when at rest or when tackling energy-taxing tasks.
Additionally, most of these watches can detect early signs of lung complications by providing you with real-time O2 level updates.
As such, you will be able to seek medical attention in good time before the problem escalates.
Aside from measuring your blood oxygen level, some of these devices can also measure heart rate, blood pressure, and other parameters.
In addition to this, most of the oximeters in our list are water resistant, so you can use them in wet conditions without causing any damage to the device.
- 11 Best Smartwatch with Oxygen Sensor
- Our Best Pick: Garmin Vivoactive 4
- Most Suitable Smartwatch for iPhone Users: Apple Watch Series 6
- Best Smartwatch for Outdoor Activities: Garmin Forerunner 245
- Best Value Smartwatch: Fitbit Versa 2
- Best Smartwatch for Android and iOS Users: SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch 3
- Best Smartwatch for Monitoring SpO2 Levels When Sleeping: Fitbit Sense
- Best Mid-Range Smartwatch with O2 Sensor: Letsfit Smart Watch
- Best Smartwatch with O2 Sensor for Women: Amazfit Bip U
- Best Entry-Level Smartwatch with Oxygen Sensor: YAMAY Smart Watch SW023 (ID205U)
- Best Compact Smartwatch with Oxygen Sensor: Garmin Vivosmart 4
- Best Smartwatch for Android Phones: Realme Watch RMA161
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
11 Best Smartwatch with Oxygen Sensor
Our Best Pick: Garmin Vivoactive 4
- Keeps track of your energy levels, Pulse Ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition), respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart, hydration and more
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon music or Deezer (may require a premium subscription with a third party music provider), and connect with headphones (sold separately) for phone free listening
The Garmin Vivoactive 4 is one of the best smartwatches that you can use to monitor the O2 levels in your blood.
In as much as this watch can monitor the functions of vital organs like the heart, it is not a medical device. As such, you should only use it as directed by the manufacturer.
Besides, this is one of the devices that we tested and we noticed that it has a ton of features that can come in handy when tracking your body’s SpO2 levels, heart rate, energy levels, and other vital signals.
To add to its list of features, it can monitor all the signals at a go, thus providing you with a complete set of data that will show you everything that you need to know.
But, that is not all; the sensors on this watch are highly responsive, meaning all the readings will be recorded accurately. The pulse oximeter is professionally designed to ensure that you get error-free results.
If you are a fitness enthusiast, the Garmin Vivoactive 4 may just be the right oximeter for you. It comes with pre-loaded workout routines that can help you stay in good shape even without hitting the gym.
We also liked how the watch summarizes the health stats on the screen, so you’ll be able to compare the parameters with ease. It also has a long-lasting battery that can last for 7+ hours depending on the frequency of use.
There are multiple faces that you can use when customizing this device, and the fact that they are free makes it even better. If you want to know your blood oxygen level, the Garmin Vivoactive 4 is the way to go.
- Has an onboard GPS
- Long battery life
- Provides you with accurate blood oxygen level readings
- Does not monitor B.P
Most Suitable Smartwatch for iPhone Users: Apple Watch Series 6
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call, text, and get directions without your phone
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
If you are an iPhone user, the Apple Watch Series 6 may just be the right device for you. It is a lot faster compared to its predecessors and also has amazing features that can greatly assist you when it comes to measuring blood oxygen level and heart rate.
This device is equipped with a powerful sensor that can read your vital signs right from your wrist. Nevertheless, you should keep in mind that this smartwatch is not designed for medical use because the O2 sensor is not calibrated to medical standards.
On the bright side, it performs exceptionally when incorporated in a wellness or fitness program. We recommend this smartwatch to users because it is highly advanced and is equally easy to use.
It displays data in an organized fashion, so you won’t have a hard time interpreting the readouts.
Besides, the built-in electrocardiogram will alert you when your heart rate is too low or unusually high.
Like the Apple Watch Series 5, the retina display on this smartwatch is always on, making it super convenient.
Thanks to its blood oxygen measurement feature, you can easily detect underlying health issues that may affect your overall well-being.
Furthermore, the display is up to 30% larger compared to that on the Apple Watch Series 3. It also has a battery saver function, which dims the display when the watch is not in use.
The other thing that we liked about this smartwatch is that you can customize it according to your taste and preference. With that said, the bands are interchangeable, so you can swap them at will.
By using the cellular function, you can receive texts and calls through this device, provided that your iPhone is within range. You can as well send an Emergency SOS, thus making it even more reliable.
- High-quality blood oxygen sensor
- Exceptional water resistance
- Advanced health tracking feature
- Not compatible with Android devices
Best Smartwatch for Outdoor Activities: Garmin Forerunner 245
- GPS running smartwatch with advanced training features
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it; offers additional performance monitoring features
Next up in our reviews is the Garmin Forerunner 245. It is a favorite among sportsmen due to its specialized features.
This device monitors your blood oxygen level continuously, allowing you to keep tabs on your vitals. It comes with pre-set training plans that you can choose from depending on your needs.
To add to this, you can also customize this device to match your workout routine. This feature makes it an ideal option for cycling activities.
The Garmin Forerunner 25 has a GPS function that can help you send real-time location updates to your loved ones in case of an emergency.
However, the battery may not last as long when the watch stays in GPS mode. As such, you should switch to smartwatch mode when you are done sharing your location.
By measuring your vitals, this device will alert you if you are pushing your body too hard, thus preventing possible injuries when exercising.
The heart rate monitor is very accurate and will ensure that that you get correct readings at all times.
More to this, it has a straightforward design and displays readouts in large font for easy readability.
Additionally, you can change the background display by selecting the available options from Garmin’s store.
Like all Garmin smartwatches, the battery offers long hours of usage time, so you won’t have to charge the device now and then.
- Accurate oxygen level monitoring
- Decent battery life
- Real-time SpO2 monitoring
- Cannot measure altitude
Best Value Smartwatch: Fitbit Versa 2
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night; also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
The Fitbit Versa 2 has the most reviews on the list and is also one of the highly-rated options that you can buy.
For starters, this watch is designed with your health and overall well-being in mind. Its use can apply in different scenarios, thanks to its versatile design.
Moreover, it generates easy-to-read graphs that will provide you with a detailed summary of your O2 levels. And the best part about it is that it can read your vitals even when you are asleep.
It also generates sleep scores based on the quality of sleep that you get every night, meaning it can help you adjust your sleep routine accordingly.
In addition to this, the watch is fitted with a powerful battery that will provide you with up to six hours of continuous runtime.
Nonetheless, this may vary depending on how you use the device. For instance, if you activate the always-on display feature, the battery will run out of juice faster compared to when this function is disabled, so you can dim the display to extend battery life.
Most users prefer the Fitbit Versa 2 because it can track multiple physiological processes in the body simultaneously.
In fact, it can even calculate the number of calories that you have burnt in each workout session. Like the Garmin Forerunner 245, this device is dependable and lightweight.
This device is Alexa-enabled, so you can check the calendar, set reminders, search for content online by simply saying the word. On the downside, the O2 levels are not always displayed on the screen.
- Beautiful design
- Good quality
- The charging system needs improvement
Best Smartwatch for Android and iOS Users: SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch 3
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and, 50,000 plus watch faces-with military-grade durability and water resistance
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHND: Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get notifications via Bluetooth connectivity
If you are after versatility, then we recommend the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3.You will be happy to know that this device supports both iOS and Android operating systems.
Nevertheless, it only supports select iOS phones, so you need to check the system requirements before buying this product.
Also, it has been thoroughly tested by the manufacturer, so you can go for this oximeter having full assurance that it will deliver professional-grade results.
This smartwatch is fully customizable and is also designed with cutting-edge technology to maximize accuracy.
It is equipped with a reliable blood oxygen sensor that will provide you with precise SpO2 readings when at rest or when engaging your body in intense physical activity.
On top of this, it is worth noting that this device can also monitor your stress levels and breathing pattern.
When used correctly, it can help you develop a healthy breathing exercise program, thereby strengthening your lungs.
The integrated chipset ensures that all the data that is collected is processed within the shortest time possible.
Aside from the oxygen sensor, this gadget also has a heart rate monitor that will show you how your cardiovascular system is functioning.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is just as reliable as the Garmin Vivoactive 4, making this an option that is worth buying.
- Powerful SpO2 sensor
- Precise oxygen level monitoring
- Decent battery life
- A bit expensive
Best Smartwatch for Monitoring SpO2 Levels When Sleeping: Fitbit Sense
- EDA Scan app detects electrodermal activity which may indicate your body's response to stress and a built-in skin temperature sensor logs yours each night so you can see when it varies
- Assess your heart for atrial fibrillation –a heart rhythm irregularity- and easily share results with your doctor (The Fitbit ECG app is only available in select countries. Not intended for use by people under 22 years old.
Fitbit presents you with a highly advanced smartwatch that you can count on when it comes to tracking blood oxygen level in the body.
This device is designed with multiple sensors, which pick up different signals from the body. In addition to having an oxygen sensor, it has a temperature sensor and an EDA sensor, all of which are precision built with your needs in mind.
It has a wide display with narrow bezels for easy visibility. To add to this, it will provide you with notifications in case there is a dramatic change in your heart rate.
As such, the watch will alert you when the heart rate drops or rises beyond the average limit.
That way, you will be able to get to the hospital in good time, thus preventing cardiovascular-related complications like heart attack.
You can also pair this device with your phone via Bluetooth. It also features a built-in GPS that can come in handy during outdoor hikes or runs.
To make it even better, the watch supports Google Assistant and Alexa, so you can use the option that best suits you.
Most of the data is presented in the form of detailed graphs that will help you trace your progress over a long period.
This device can particularly assist those who are suffering from a sleep disorder since it delivers accurate blood oxygen measurement in all scenarios.
- Reliable nighty SpO2 feature
- Provides users with an average oxygen variation graph
- Advanced sleep analysis
- Not ideal for on-demand SpO2 monitoring
Best Mid-Range Smartwatch with O2 Sensor: Letsfit Smart Watch
- All-day Activity Tracking: Our Letsfit activity tracker can easily monitor your steps, heart rate, distance travelled and more with 14 sports modes and GPS tracking that can be used when you connect your fitness watch to our Letsfit app.
- Tracks Your Sleep and Blood Oxygen Saturation: With your smart watch and Letsfit app combined you can track your sleep patterns and see how much oxygen is in your blood.
This smartwatch has useful features that will help you track your vitals without relying on other pieces of equipment.
It monitors your heart rate continuously and also measures the O2 saturation in your blood.
Furthermore, it performs most of its functions automatically, so you only have to strap the bands on your wrist and you will be good to go.
Plus, you can fine-tune the system according to your needs, thus making it even more dependable.
Additionally, it is compatible with virtually all Android devices. When you pair this gadget with your phone, you will be able to receive texts and calls from your watch. It also has a sports mode, which works hand in hand with the GPS function.
The materials from which this device is made are of superior quality, so you can buy this smartwatch knowing that it will last.
That said, the housing is waterproof and is equally impact resistant. Still, ensure that you don’t drop the watch on hard surfaces since this can damage some of the components.
You can adjust the screen brightness to match the lighting conditions in your environment using the available controls.
This watch is available in a wide range of colors that you can go for. Depending on your preference, you can go for this black model or any of the available options.
To top it all up, it has a unisex design, so it can be used by both men and women. Unlike its competitor models, this smartwatch does not have a trip detector.
- Wide range compatibility
- IP68 Water proof
- Displays accurate oxygen levels
- Inaccurate sleep tracking function
Best Smartwatch with O2 Sensor for Women: Amazfit Bip U
- 1.43" LARGE HD DISPLAY: Amazfit Bip U has a customized 1.43" hd stylish square screen which offers a larger display area than a round watch face of the same width, so it can carry more information."
- LONG 9-DAY BATTERY LIFE: This smartwatch deeply optimizes the power consumption of the components to bring long-lasting endurance of 7 days while keeping a slim watch body, which enables you to avoid frequent charges.
The Amazfit Bip U not only monitors your blood O2 saturation but also keeps track of your stress levels, heart rate, breathing, and sleeping pattern.
Along with all that, it has a period tracking function that can predict your menstrual cycle based on previously collected data.
The other thing that you will like about this smartwatch is that it sends notifications to the user, so you will always be up to date.
This watch is fitted with a large touch-sensitive LCD screen. As such, you will have quick and easy access to the processed data.
The built-in software processes data in real-time, meaning the readings that you will get will match the condition that your body is in at that particular moment.
Moreover, the O2 sensor app will provide you with a detailed graph that will show you the level to which the oxygen saturation in your blood has fluctuated over a specific period.
This watch is exceptionally lightweight, so you won’t even feel it on your wrist. It has multiple sports modes that users can choose from when exercising.
Like most of the watches on our review list, the Amazfit Bip U has a Bluetooth function that can help you pair it with other devices.
To sum it all up, the watch is powered by a long-lasting battery that offers up to six days of continuous usage time.
Unfortunately, the case is made of plastic, so it is not as durable compared to competitor models with metal casings.
- Supports up to fifty watch face
- Accurate oxygen level sensor
- Real-time oxygen measuring
- Limited features
Best Entry-Level Smartwatch with Oxygen Sensor: YAMAY Smart Watch SW023 (ID205U)
- ♥ 【 Fitness Tracker】- YAMAY 023 watch can automatically track your steps, distance traveled, calories burned and sleep quality accurately all day.You can also set up to 9 sport modes to track your various workout accordingly.Your every movement will be counted with this watch, which can motivate you to move and stay active.
- ♥ 【 Heart Rate & Blood Pressure & Blood Oxygen Monitor 】- YAMAY 023 can accurately monitor this three body's most critical indicator of health.You can read them real-time directly on the watch, which can help you better understand your health and make reasonable adjustment on your life-style
If you are looking for a multifunctional smartwatch, you should consider using this product. This is one of the wrist-based SpO2 monitors that you can count on when measuring your oxygen levels.
Furthermore, this watch is compatible with most iOS phones and can also support selected Android models from major brands like Samsung.
This device is somewhat unique compared to most of the watches that we have covered in that it can monitor your blood pressure. More to this, the O2 sensor is very reliable and the heart rate monitor is equally accurate.
Additionally, it is fitted with a high-performance lithium polymer battery that will provide you with up to seven days of usage time.
More on the battery, it only takes two hours to charge to full capacity. To make it even more convenient, this watch can monitor the calories that you have burned, the number of steps that you have taken, sleep quality, just to mention but a few.
This makes it a suitable option for all users, so you can rest easy knowing that the watch will meet all your needs.
The case is IP68 waterproof, meaning you can take a dip in the swimming pool without unstrapping the watch.
When it comes to user comfort, the bands are made of soft material, so you can wear the watch for extended durations without experiencing any discomfort.
- Wide display
- Auto-sync function
- Multiple sports modes
- Not energy efficient
Best Compact Smartwatch with Oxygen Sensor: Garmin Vivosmart 4
- Slim, smart activity tracker blends fashionable design with stylish metal accents and a bright, easy to read display.Fits wrists with a circumference of 122-188 mm
- Includes advanced sleep monitoring with REM sleep and can gauge blood oxygen saturation levels during the night with the wrist based Pulse Ox sensor. (Not a medical device and not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
You can easily know your oxygen saturation levels using the ultra-slim smartwatch from Garmin.
Despite its size, this device has all the features that you may look for in a watch of this type. It is equipped with a highly responsive blood oxygen sensor that can effectively monitor your SpO2 levels.
This watch has dedicated timers that you can use when swimming, running, when doing yoga, and other demanding tasks.
Thanks to its smart design, you will have direct access to all the data. Moreover, the sensors can monitor your vital signals continuously, so you will always know the O2 level of your body.
Aside from that, it can also keep track of your stress levels, heart rate, and other measurable physiological processes.
The watch is equally stylish and can go well with most modern-day dressing trends. On top of that, the sleep monitor will track your vitals when you are asleep. However, the display may be too narrow for some users.
- Real-time SpO2 reading
- A bit small compared to most watches on the list
Best Smartwatch for Android Phones: Realme Watch RMA161
- 3.5 cm (1.4 inches) Large Color Touch Screen, Resolution：320*320, Up to 9 Day Battery Life, Bluetooth 5.0
- Real-Time Heart Rate Monitor, Blood Oxygen Level Monitor (SpO2), Intelligent Activity Tracker (14 Sports Modes)
Closing the list is the Realme Watch RMA161. This smartwatch can work with just about any Android phone. Nonetheless, the phone in question should be Android 5.0+.
It can work in concert with your phone, and all you have to do is download the link app and all the data will be sent to your cellular device.
This watch can monitor heart rate, blood oxygen level, and also has an intuitive activity tracker that you can use when jogging.
The onboard blood oxygen sensor is very responsive and can pick up your SpO2 readings in real-time.
Also, the screen is touch-enabled, so you can adjust the settings by simply tapping the display. When the sports mode is activated, the intelligent algorithm can count every step that you take when exercising.
The bands are designed with your comfort in mind and are also easy to buckle. Besides, they are interchangeable, so you can attach the color that matches your preference.
When you link this watch to your phone through Bluetooth, you’ll be able to receive notifications directly without looking at your phone.
The screen is not only colorful but also has thin bezels, so you won’t have any problem when reading the data.
- Excellent battery life
- Advanced health tracking
- Reliable blood oxygen sensor
- Does not have a body metrics measuring app compared to most high-end models
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Smartwatches measure oxygen levels?
Yes. But this depends on the type of watch that you are using since not all smartwatches are fitted with oxygen sensors. The watches that we have reviewed above are some of the best options that you can buy.
Is smartwatch oximeter accurate?
Most of the wrist-based oximeters on the market are not medically certified so the readings that you get are just but estimations. However, high-end models are up to 80% accurate, but this may vary from one device to another.
Can a smartwatch measure blood pressure?
A good number of smartwatches can monitor blood oxygen saturation, but few can measure blood pressure, so ensure that you read the full description of each product before confirming your order.
What is the normal Blood Oxygen Level?
According to medical experts, the average blood oxygen level in a healthy individual should not be less than 95%. However, this may not apply to persons with underlying medical conditions like lung disease, sleep apnea, etc.
What is the Difference between SpO2 and VO2 MAX?
In a nutshell, SpO2 (peripheral oxygen saturation) is the accurate measure of the amount of hemoglobin containing O2 in your body.
It can also be termed as the approximation of SaO2 (arterial oxygen saturation) level. On the other hand, VO2 MAX refers to your body’s maximal oxygen consumption.
The devices reviewed in this article will allow you to monitor your blood oxygen levels in real-time. Depending on the model that you choose, you will be able to keep track of your sleep pattern, heart rate, SpO2 levels, just to mention but a few.
Additionally, these wrist-based O2 sensors will help you know if you have an underlying lung issue or any other cardiovascular complication. Some will also provide you with accurate sleep apnea status on a daily basis.
Nonetheless, not all watches have the sleep monitoring function, so ensure that you choose the device that matches your needs.