Even though the right skillset is a must-have for one to succeed in web designing, it’s not the only thing you need for the job. For instance, besides the know-how, the ideal paraphernalia is of absolute necessity. Without the right equipment at your disposal, you can’t take full advantage of your technical prowess.
Now, when shopping for your web designing equipment, one area you need to pay heed to is the monitor you buy. Sure, like with any other profession, not all monitors out there will work ideally for web designing.
When searching for one, things like resolution, size, and panel type come top on your priority list. Of course, that’s on top of budget, versatility, adjustability, convenience, and other aspects. In your next shopping, find your ideal pick from the top 11 best monitors for web design.
- Top 11 Best Monitors For Web Design
- #1 LG 34WN80C-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved Monitor
- #2 BenQ EX3501R UltraWide Monitor
- #3 LG 27MD5KL-B 27 Inch UltraFine 5K
- #4 LG 27UN850-W 27 Inch Ultrafine UHD
- #5 SAMSUNG 32 inch UJ59 4k monitor
- #6 BenQ PD2700Q 27 inch QHD 1440p IPS Monitor
- #7 Dell S2719H S Series Monitor 27″ Black
- #8 Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD
- #9 Dell U4320Q 43 Inch 2160p 4K UltraSharp
- #10 AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless Immersive Gaming Monitor
- #11 Sceptre E248W-19203R 24″ Ultra Thin 75Hz 1080p LED Monitor
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
Top 11 Best Monitors For Web Design
#1 LG 34WN80C-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved Monitor
- 34” 21: 9 WQHD (3440 X 1440) Curved IPS display
- USB type-C connectivity
When shopping for a monitor for web design, quality needs to come before the price. It makes sense to part with a few more bucks in exchange for a more professional outcome. And yes, if you want to skip the hassle of reading the whole article and save time, the LG 34WN80C-B is the Editor’s choice.
Here, you are getting a 34-inch curved screen. Most computer geeks will tell you larger sizes are better for professional applications. The screen-split functionality makes the massiveness even more useful— to work with multiple windows simultaneously is now more comfortable! The 3-side virtually borderless design makes it elegant and maximizes the screen area.
What’s even more interesting about this high performance monitor is the high resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels. The 99% sRGB coverage gives you the impeccable color accuracy you need in your designing projects.
If you are a designer who spends the most time on the screen, the ergonomics here are impressive. The stand will allow you to tilt or adjust the height of the display. With that said, you will find the long work sessions more comfortable.
The refresh rate of 60Hz isn’t the best for a monitor of its class. However, if you don’t intend to use the model for other applications that need a higher refresh rate, 60Hz should work well for web designing projects.
- Stunning color accuracy.
- All cables you need are included.
- Smooth multitasking experience.
- The refresh rate is low.
#2 BenQ EX3501R UltraWide Monitor
- PANORAMIC SCREEN: Immersive ultra wide 35" curved monitor and 3440x1440 resolution with 1800R curvature, wide viewing angle, 21: 9 aspect ratio, ultra-slim bezel
- PATENTED EYE-CARE FOR EXTENDED PLAY: Brightness Intelligence Plus uses a proprietary sensor to adapt screen brightness and color temperature to your in-room lighting. B. I. plus works with Zero Flicker and Low Blue Light to help combat eye strain, blurred vision, and fatigue
Currently, we have a sheer number of brands flooding the monitor market. Sure, among the a few trustworthy is BenQ. This manufacturer is famous for producing feature-rich monitors that make the most out of user’s creativity and skillset. And yes, the runner-up, the best overall model is the BenQ EX3501R.
The manufacturer presents it as a gaming unit. However, it’s worth noting that you are getting an incredibly versatile monitor here. I mean, it also excels in web designing, color grading, video editing, and other applications where high performance gaming monitors fit.
Like the predecessor, you are getting a large 34-inch monitor. With this size of the screen, you will find multitasking to be more convenient. The screen resolution here is 3440×1440 pixels, and that ensures you have quality multitasking moments.
Also, we appreciate that the QHD monitor features Brightness Intelligence Plus technology. What that means, it has an integrated sensor that detects the level of ambient lighting and regulates the screen brightness accordingly. This feature eliminates the need to adjust the screen brightness under different lighting conditions, leaving you with more time for what you love doing the most.
The refresh rate here is 100 Hz, more than what you get in the previous models. However, expect to pay a few more bucks since it’s one of the most expensive monitors out there. But as we said earlier, it pays off to spend more for better quality.
- More vibrant colors.
- Huge screen.
- Also ideal for gaming.
- No internal speakers.
#3 LG 27MD5KL-B 27 Inch UltraFine 5K
- 27 Inch 5K (5120 x 2880) IPS Display
- DCI-P3 99% Color Gamut / 500nits Brightness
Resolution is one area you can’t afford to overlook the next time you are looking for an excellent monitor for design. Now, if you want the most mesmerizing colors, the LG 27MD5KL-B should meet your needs. It brings the best resolution on the list.
This unit comes with a staggering 5K resolution. That’s more than you will get in any of the models we have on the list. And considering the PPI, this high-quality monitor ensures that you get outstanding color accuracy in your projects.
Speaking of the size, this model is 27 inches. Hence, it’s a few inches smaller than the members coming earlier on the list. While we all agree bigger screens are better, we also acknowledge not many designers have enough space for them. In fact, 27 inches is the most appropriate size for most people.
About adjustability, the stand of this unit supports vertical customizations. And since you can also tilt it, it will bring you the level of convenience you need for your prolonged projects. However, most users wish that the monitor was 90-degree rotatable.
The integrated stereo speakers, camera, and microphone imply the functionality of this model is beyond web designing. Therefore, if you are looking for a larger screen that you can use across all your applications, this model won’t disappoint.
- Ultrafine 5K resolution.
- Convenient size.
- Superb build quality.
- Not 90-degree rotatable.
#4 LG 27UN850-W 27 Inch Ultrafine UHD
- 27” UltraFine UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Display
- VESA DisplayHDR 400
If you love the previous model but would be ready to sacrifice a little on the resolution for better adjustability, this monitor comes with you in mind. We picked it to feature as the most adjustable model on our list.
Like with the previous models, you can tilt and adjust the height of this fantastic monitor. However, that’s not where adjustability ends—you can also rotate it 90 degrees for portrait viewing. Hence, no matter your preferred screen angle, it’s now achievable with this model.
About resolution, it neither falls short. The 3840 x 2160 pixels ensure that you achieve the much-needed supremacy in color quality. Also, the sRGB 99% color gamut brings the outstanding color accuracy that web designers want for their projects.
The virtually borderless design maximizes the screen area and eliminates distraction. And since you are getting an IPS monitor, expect color uniformity whether looking at the screen from above, low, sides, or even the tightest angles.
When it comes to the refresh rate, it stands at 60 Hz. Well, that’s enough for web designers and even non-competitive gamers. The Radeon FreeSync bridges the difference between frame rates of the graphic card and that of the monitor for a smooth action.
- High ergonomic convenience.
- Switching between displays is a cinch.
- Super-handy USB C and A in the back.
- Brightness keys won’t work when connected to Mac.
#5 SAMSUNG 32 inch UJ59 4k monitor
- 32 inch 4K GAMING MONITOR provides stunning images with incredible lifelike details
- Widescreen monitor provides the enhanced productivity thru split screen functions like Picture-by-Picture (PBP), letting you connect to two devices while maintaining their original quality
We all know what Samsung are when it comes to electronics. Now, if you are a Samsung faithful and feel that you need to only invest in a monitor from the same brand, the fifth option comes to your rescue. We consider it the best Samsung monitor for web design.
True to our expectations, this monitor comes with everything that designing monitors need to have. For instance, it has a 4K resolution that delivers more realistic and natural-looking images with excellent color precision.
As the name suggests, you are getting a 32-inch monitor. You will appreciate this size, especially if you will use onboard split-screen features like Picture-by-Picture (PBP). The PBP functionality allows you to connect two devices at the same time.
If you are among the designers who spend a lot of time with their eyes on the screen, you will like that this model comes with flicker-free technology. It also has eye saver mode, an important feature that reduces blue light emissions.
About connectivity, you can link this display to a laptop, PC, Macbook Pro, desktop computer, and many more. With that said, if you want a unit that will connect to your devices, this Samsung product brings the flexibility you need.
- It’s from Samsung.
- Plenty of ports.
- Compatible with Macbooks.
- The power button at the back isn’t the best positioning.
#6 BenQ PD2700Q 27 inch QHD 1440p IPS Monitor
- 27" IPS 2560x1440 QHD Resolution, Signal Cable HDMI cable(1.5m), mini DP to DP cable (1.5m), USB 2.0 cable (1.5m), Power Supply (90~264 AC), 90~264 AC built in, Power Consumption (On mode) : 58W, (Power saving mode) : 0.5W
- 100% Rec. 709 and sRGB for optimal color precision. OS Compatibility- Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 8.1Windows 10,MAC
If you are after professional monitors that will deliver the best value for money, consider the BenQ PD2700Q. The unit combines a whole host of mind-blowing features to bring you the ultimate user experience that gives you the best bang for your buck.
The 100% sRGB color coverage should tell you that you are getting high-end functionalities at an affordable price. The 1440p resolution ensures that you get exquisite colors and more life-like images.
This monitor arrives factory-calibrated. What that means, you won’t have to face the hassle since it’s good to get to work right out of the box. Other features like DualView Function bring you the convenience you may need when web-designing by allowing you to showcase designs in two distinct modes like sRGB and CAD/DAM.
Staring on your computer for extended periods can result in eye-related issues. That’s why this model makes use of BenQ’s eye-care technology. Therefore, no matter how long you stay on your computer, you shouldn’t have any eye issues when using this model.
About compatibility, not many models come close to what BenQ PD2700Q offers. This unit will work with Windows 7/8/8.1/10. Also, for the Macbook enthusiasts, it works with the Mac Operating system. It comes with multiple ports to enable this function.
- Comfortable to work with for extended hours.
- The colors are fantastic.
- Solid and stable stand.
- The control buttons are in the back.
#7 Dell S2719H S Series Monitor 27″ Black
- Take your view to the edge: with Dell InfinityEdge display, you won't miss a thing.
- Made to fit in and stand out: complement your desk with a modern and chic design. From the striking 27 inch screen to the elegant glossy back cover, every inch was designed with style in mind.
No matter where you want to use the monitor, there are a few features that every screen needs to have. For instance, you can’t overlook the speakers. Sure, they may not come in handy in web designing. However, that doesn’t negate that they are an essential feature for every regular-use monitor. And yes, the Dell S2719H features the best web designing monitor with top-notch built-in speakers.
The dual 5W speakers of this monitor give you superior sound quality for the most exhilarating entertainment moments. You will appreciate the quality of sound here if you also engage in projects in video editing.
About eye safety, we are talking about a flicker-free screen. The ComfortView feature will filter out the harmful blue light emissions. That leaves you with a display that’s not only easy on your eyes but also one that won’t cause them fatigue.
The integrated dual HDMI ports bring you the flexibility you need when working with multiple devices. I mean, you don’t have to unplug one device to create room for another and then plug it back in when you want to use it again—no more of this hassle!
Also, we like that this borderless display boasts a wide viewing angle. This feature combines with the IPS technology and the 99% sRGB color coverage to deliver exquisite colors no matter your viewing position.
- The speakers are nice and clear.
- Easy-to-navigate menu.
- Two HDMI ports.
- 27-inch is small for those who want a larger monitor.
#8 Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD
- The three-sided ultrathin bezel design in 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution lets you enjoy immersive viewing in incredible clarity and fine detail with 4 times the resolution of Full HD
- Be in the action: The curved 1800R screen expands your field of vision and provides a wrap-around view for an immersive movie experience.
If you are looking for the best 32 inch screen size for web design, the number eight option best fits the bill. The product is from Dell, one of the big names that have dominated the computer industry for some decades.
The model comes with a curved design. Now, there are several benefits of this design. Firstly, it gives you a more immersive viewing experience, allowing you to focus on your project. Secondly, the convex shape puts you in the center of the action, so you don’t have to keep turning your neck when looking on the larger screen.
The 4K UHD resolution delivers a superb depth of color, so everything appears more life-like. The refresh rate here is 60 Hz—not the best you will get in the market, but still fantastic for web designing and light gaming.
On user safety, it’s worth mentioning that this monitor for design is TÜV-certified. What that means, it’s a flicker-free screen with ComfortView technology. Hence, expect it to interact well with your eyes even when keeping them on it for extended periods.
You can swivel, pivot, tilt, and swivel the monitor to match your needs. Also, we appreciate that the stand of this model will allow you to customize the height to get the one that works best for your requirements.
- It supports a wide variety of adjustments.
- Impressive color contrasts and blacks.
- Wide viewing angles.
- The maximum height is a bit low.
#9 Dell U4320Q 43 Inch 2160p 4K UltraSharp
- The only display you need: More ways to see it all: Picture-by-Picture (PBP) enables a comprehensive view of your work by displaying content from up to four different PCs onto one screen. It also includes five easy-to-use templates. Exceptional details: The 4K UHD resolution and a high pixel density of 103ppi shows your work in striking clarity. Outstanding color: Experience smooth color gradation and precision across more shades with a high color depth of 1.07 billion colors.
- Thoughtfully designed: Fully adaptable: The world’s first height adjustable 42.5-inch 4K monitor1 lets you tilt, swivel and adjust to your specifications. Align it to a multi-monitor setup for an even wider view. The space to perform: Save valuable desk space thanks to the small monitor base. Easy on the eyes: Your display is designed for greater comfort under long workdays. It includes a Flicker-free screen and ComfortView, a feature that reduces up to 60% of harmful blue light emissions.
Ninth on the list is also one of the premium monitors for designers. It’s from Dell, so we don’t have any doubts about quality. The immense 42.5-inch screen renders the monitor perfect for anyone looking for a more massive size. Actually, it takes the place of the best ultrawide monitor on the list.
If you still find this size to not offer enough screen area for your needs, you can arrange it for a dual monitor setup or any other multi-monitor setup depending on your needs. And while it’s large, the smaller base ensures it claims the minimal amount of space on your desk.
The thoughtfully designed model comes with lots of fantastic features to make web designing more fun. For instance, the picture by picture (PBP) feature allows you to view content from up to four different computers on a single screen.
Another delightful feature is the auto-restore feature. With this functionality, this 42.5-inch giant monitor will recall where the applications were before you unplugged. That helps save time as you begin right where you left off with this monitor.
About resolution, we are talking about a 4K UHD screen. For a 43-inch screen, that translates to 103PPI. And while that’s not the highest pixel density we have on the list, it’s still high enough to give you exceptional details for your projects.
- Set up is straightforward.
- Massive size displays larger text and images.
- The connection ports are at the sides.
- Not one of the most affordable monitors.
#10 AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless Immersive Gaming Monitor
- 34" Class (34" Viewable) AOC Gaming G2 Series monitor with 3440x1440 Ultra wide Quad HD (2K+) resolution VA panel. Pixel Pitch: 0.23175
- Rapid 1ms response (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync for ultra-smooth competitive game play Curve radius: 1500mm
Even the “busiest bee” will need some time to kick back, whether with a movie or a video game. That’s why if you are a gaming enthusiast, it’s wise to get a unit that delivers smooth action. That’s without compromising on the performance in web designing. Now, tenth on the list is the best gaming monitor for web designing.
The AOC CU34G2X is a 34-inch unit. That size is convenient for most web designers, graphic designers, movie enthusiasts, gaming aficionados, and others. And with the huge, 34-inch curved screen design, expect a more immersive experience in your projects.
The UltraWide QHD 3440×1440 resolution brings you the clarity you’ve always wanted for your projects. The unit provides a 115% sRGB color gamut and 98% Adobe RGB spectrum. That makes it ideal for web designing.
Of course, for a monitor that comes with gaming in mind, we expect it to come reinforced in some areas. For instance, the refresh rate is impressive at 144 Hz for the smoothest actions. It also comes with a fast response time of 1 ms, the fastest any monitor can ever have.
The VA panel ensures that you have an ultra-wide viewing angle of 178 degrees. What’s more interesting, no matter the viewing angle you choose, the image and text quality remains consistent across all viewing points.
- Super-fast 1 ms response time.
- 144 Hz refresh rate.
- Adaptive-Sync technology.
- The manual doesn’t contain detailed information.
#11 Sceptre E248W-19203R 24″ Ultra Thin 75Hz 1080p LED Monitor
Last but not least is the cheapest monitor out there. When we say cheap, it’s in terms of price and not necessarily quality. In fact, considering the build quality and the capabilities of this model, we see it as one of the high-quality monitors we have out there.
With 24 inches of screen, Sceptre E248W-19203R isn’t just among the low-cost monitors but also the smallest on our top-notch list. Therefore, if you don’t have enough space for the larger versions, this option should satisfy your needs. It should also work well for those who need dual monitors.
It is a member of the ultra-slim series monitors, meaning it’s indeed one of the slimmest in the industry. Surprisingly, even with the super-slim design, this monitor still houses top-notch speakers for a cinematic sound experience.
In terms of the refresh rate, it ranges at 75 Hz in this model. While that’s not the highest, it’s neither the least, meaning it will support gaming better than some of the larger models that come earlier on the list.
About resolution, this is a 1080p model. Sure, we have other options with the same pixel count. But that doesn’t mean the picture quality is the same. The pixel density is high in smaller displays than larger ones. That translates to more exceptional details and superb color.
- High pixel density.
- Lightweight but sturdy.
- It’s a low budget monitor.
- Not adjustable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Get Dual Monitors?
Well, as a web designer, you will often be working with multiple things at the same time. That’s why some need to get a dual or even triple monitor setup. However, most modern monitors will allow you to split the screen so that everything appears in its own window but on the same screen. However, such deluxe features come at an added price.
Do graphic designers need a 4K monitor?
It depends. Pixel density provides a more accurate measure for image clarity than mere resolution. Assume we have two 1080-P screens of different sizes, let’s say a 27-inch and a 34-inch. Now, since the resolution is the same, the number of pixels is the same. What that means, pixels in 34-inches are more loosely packed than in the smaller screen. To sustain the high pixel density, ensure that you geet 4K models when shopping for larger screens.
Is a 27-inch monitor too small for 4K?
Not really. However, the resolution is overkill for the size. If you want a 4K resolution, consider going for at least a 32-inch model.
Is a gaming monitor good for web design?
That may differ from one model to another. As seen on the list, some gaming models can work well for web designing. Actually, the majority of them will. However, one limitation about them is that the placement of buttons and ports doesn’t appear as thoughtful as in professional models.
Is IPS Panel Type ideal for web design?
An IPS panel delivers high-quality color reproduction than the TN variety. Therefore, they are better for web designing, graphic designing, and other applications where high resolution is of absolute necessity.
After reading this article, I believe you now know a few things you probably didn’t. For instance, you might have noticed that a decent model doesn’t have to be expensive. Actually, you should find an ideal model for just about any price range. Also, you might have noted that resolution alone doesn’t best define the quality of images. Even ultimately, that not every “best” model is indeed best for you.