If you are a business student, particularly taking an MBA course, having a decent laptop is imperative to keeping you ahead of the game. Unless you invest in a reliable machine, there’s no way you are going to effectively power through those assignments, download PDFs, jot down keynotes in online lectures, draw complex charts, and perform other related projects.
Sure, almost any laptop can handle all these tasks. However, there are other essential aspects to consider. For instance, it has to be portable, lightweight, and ultimately, super-fast. Now, not all laptops can offer that, and that’s why you have to get finicky when choosing one.
Some schools will go ahead to give their recommendations and guidelines on the laptop to buy. They may suggest the least amount of RAM, storage, processor speed, size, and the like. However, at the end of the day, the final decision lies with the student based on their budget.
So, what makes a decent laptop for MBA students? Well, some of us were there years ago, and that’s why we are here to help. We’ve crafted an article on the top 11 best laptops for MBA students. Take a walk with us to discover your ideal college companion.
- Our Top Recommendations:
- 11 Best Laptops For MBA Students
- #1 ASUS ZenBook 15 Laptop (UX534FTC-AS77)
- #2 Apple MacBook Air MGN73LL/A
- #3 MSI Prestige 14 A10SC-229 Professional Laptop
- #4 LG Gram 15Z90NR.AAS9U1 Laptop
- #5 MSI A10SFS-287 Creator 15 Professional Laptop
- #6 ASUS Chromebook Flip C214 2-In-1 Laptop
- #7 Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- #8 HP Spectre X360 2-in-1 Laptop
- #9 LG Gram 14Z90P Ultra-Lightweight Laptop
- #10 Lenovo ThinkPad E15 Laptop
- #11 HP Pavilion 15 Laptop
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
Our Top Recommendations:
- ALWAYS ON THE GO - Take this light and durable HP Chromebook with you anywhere. It travels well and has a 15 hour and 45 minute battery life, so you can stay connected without having to search for an outlet
11 Best Laptops For MBA Students
#1 ASUS ZenBook 15 Laptop (UX534FTC-AS77)
- 15.6 inch wide-view 4K UHD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with 92% screen to body ratio
- Innovative ScreenPad: 5.65-inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
We begin the list with the laptop we think is the most appropriate for MBA students. The unit comes from Asus, one of the industry-leading manufacturers of laptops. But it’s just not about the reputation of the manufacturer, this machine possesses plenty of mind-blowing functionalities. That’s why it takes the first spot as the best overall laptop for MBA students.
At a glance, you are getting a 15.6-inch unit with a super-slim design. The NanoEdge design brings a 92% screen-to-body ratio, so it’s as appealing to the eye as it performs. The view angle of the display here is 1780. Hence, you will see the details on the screen clearly from the tightest angles.
Internally, this laptop packs an Intel Core i7-10510U Quad Core Processor. This CPU boasts a superb clock speed of 4.9 GHz. Therefore, the Asus ZenBook 15 Laptop takes less time to process your command.
As an MBA student, at times you will often have to run multiple programs simultaneously. That’s especially true when working on your project. When such times roll around, you will appreciate how the 16GB RAM of this laptop keeps everything flowing smoothly.
About storage, the Asus ZenBook 15 neither falls shy. The machine offers a whopping 512 GBs of space. With all this storage, you can count on it to keep all your coursework right from day one to finish.
The Ergolift hinge tilts the keyboard to your optimal typing position. This is a feature you are going to appreciate, especially when tackling some of the assignments that require you to sit in front of the screen for extended periods.
- The screen edges are slim.
- 4K resolution delivers vibrant colors.
- The cooling system is really good.
- Speakers could be a little loud.
#2 Apple MacBook Air MGN73LL/A
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
Odds are we all thought that a Macbook laptop would scoop the top position on the list. Sure, Macs are perfect in terms of speed and portability. However, there’s more to factor in when buying a laptop for an MBA course. For that reason, this option had to come as a runner-up best overall model.
So, why exactly the Appel Macbook Air? Well, we must acknowledge that all Macs are great. However, narrowing down to the intended work here, we see this Macbook laptop as the model that best fits the bill.
This laptop is a 13-inch unit, smaller than the predecessor. Also, it is 0.6 inches thick. That’s 0.1 inches thinner than the predecessor. In terms of weight, it’s lighter at just 2.8 lbs. Hence, in terms of portability, it tops the previous model.
However, there are some areas where this model falls short of the former. For instance, the RAM here is 8GB. Of course, that’s more than enough to keep things going fast and fluid. However, it may not run multiple heavy programs effectively.
When handling puzzling questions, even the least amount of noise from the cooling fans can be annoying. With that in mind, this laptop comes with an ultra-quiet fanless design to give you the peace of mind you need.
On the downside, since it’s a Macbook, this unit runs on macOS. Well, some software like Solver and SPSS will only install in Windows. Fortunately, you can still install Windows 10 and switch between the two. But not all are ready to go through all this hassle, and that’s why it had to come second.
- 18-hour battery life.
- Ultra-quiet fanless design.
- Light and portable.
- You have to install Windows to work with some applications.
#3 MSI Prestige 14 A10SC-229 Professional Laptop
Whether you are doing MBA or any other course, portability is one essential factor you can’t afford to ignore when shopping for a laptop. After all, it’s something you will be carrying every day to and from class. And yes, the MSI Prestige 14 A10SC-229 takes the crown of the best portable laptop for MBA students.
The machine is ultra-light at 2.64 lbs. With this weight, you may even forget that you are carrying it in the bag. Also, this 14-inch unit has a super slim design. Hence, other than being easy on your back, it won’t take much space in the bag.
Additionally, we appreciate that this laptop comes with a 180-degree lay-flat hinge. You will find this feature to come in handy when sharing ideas and designs with your classmates. And with the 4K resolution and ultra-wide viewing angle, your colleagues will see the details on the screen just as they appear to you.
About the innards, this machine packs a 6-core i7 processor. This CPU delivers a clock speed of between 1.8 to 4.9 GHz. Thus, if you want a laptop that offers heavyweight performance in an incredibly lightweight design, you won’t go wrong here.
The memory here stands at 16GB whereas the storage is 512 GB. That’s more than you will need for your MBA course. And with three color options available, you can now pick this laptop in the color that best matches your preference.
- 180-degree hinge.
- 4K resolution.
- Three colors are available.
- It may not come protected with bubble wrap.
#4 LG Gram 15Z90NR.AAS9U1 Laptop
At times you don’t want to go through the long process of using a keyboard to input information. Some moments work better when you can click directly on the exact spot you want on the screen. That calls for a touchscreen model—and a sensitive one in that case. Now, the fourth option on the list is the best touchscreen laptop for MBA students.
The super responsive screen brings you the convenience you need when doing your MBA assignments. You can now swipe, scroll, and tap whatever you want on the screen without the need for a mouse or keyboard.
The 10th generation processor provides lightning-fast speed to save on time. And with the lightweight design, this unit packs enough punch to do anything and the portability to accompany you everywhere you go.
We all know that the class environment can be too harsh for a laptop. That’s why this unit delivers military-grade durability. It stands up to shock, dust, pressure, extreme temperatures, and other unfriendly conditions.
Passwords are good. Nevertheless, they don’t offer the best level of protection. Anyone with your password can access your machine. For this reason, this laptop uses fingerprint technology to secure all your confidential files. Hence, no one will ever access your information without your permission.
- Up to 40 Gbps of data transfer speed.
- The screen sensitivity is impressive.
- Fingerprint protection.
- It takes more time on the charger—but that’s what you expect from a battery that will keep you going for up to 17 hours.
#5 MSI A10SFS-287 Creator 15 Professional Laptop
- Striking Visuals: The 15.6" 4K UHD True Pixel Display delivers true-to-life images with 100% AdobeRGB color gamut out of the box.
- Exceed Your Imagination: The 10th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance with 8 cores boosting up to 5.1 GHz. Whether it's graphic design, video editing or 3D rendering, the Creator 15 brings your imagination into life.
As aforementioned, when shopping for a laptop, you should consider the security aspect with the heaviness it deserves. Now, if you are ready to shell out for a more advanced level of protection, this model comes with you in mind. It’s the best student’s laptop when it comes to security.
Of course, like any other laptop, you can use a password to limit access. However, for the best convenience and protection, MSI A10SFS-287 also offers biometric authentification. I mean, you can log in by use of fingerprint or facial recognition, technologies that make the process up to three times faster.
The 10th generation processor comes with a whopping eight cores. Sure, we expect the latter technology to perform better than the former. And with a ground-breaking clock speed of 5.1 GHz, this machine is among the market’s fastest.
The memory size here stands at 32 GB. As the best so far on the list, this laptop will run multiple programs without any flaws. And for the MBA students who love movies, the 1TB storage provides ample space for academic and entertainment needs.
The speakers here offer superior sound quality, so you won’t even need headphones. In fact, with the virtual surround sound feature, expect a cinema-grade experience with this top-notch laptop.
- Biometric authentication.
- 32-GB memory.
- It has virtual surround sound.
- A little pricey.
#6 ASUS Chromebook Flip C214 2-In-1 Laptop
- The rugged and flexible 360 degree high strength zinc alloy hinge and 11.6” HD touchscreen lets you use the C214 in tablet stand or laptop mode and has 2 cameras for endless possibilities.
- Rugged and lightweight Mil-STD-810G construction protects the C214 from drops and accidents as well as spills with a liquid resistant keyboard design.
Most people will tell you not to cheap out on a laptop if you want to avoid disappointments. While that makes sense, it’s still possible to get a reliable model without digging deep into your pocket. If that’s what you need, here comes the best cheap laptop for MBA students.
Of course, it would be unrealistic to expect some high-end features on this model. Nevertheless, the ones it has are enough to help you pull off your classwork on time. Hence, if you are ready to sacrifice a few high-end functionalities to get a unit that fits your budget without sacrificing suitability, this Asus Chromebook should work well for you.
As is the price, so is the size of this machine. In other words, you are getting an 11.6-inch unit here. Of course, you may find that a little hard to work with, especially when dealing with the wide excel sheets. But if that doesn’t cause you any problems, you are good to settle for it.
Although tiny, this laptop is super rugged. All the edges have tough rubber bumpers for the best durability. Also, it has a spill-resistant keyboard and a rubber safety grip. And with the 3D-textured finish, you don’t need to worry about fingerprints and scratches.
Additionally, it’s worth acknowledging that this laptop has a 360-degree hinge. This feature gives you flexibility by allowing you to convert the laptop to a tablet. And with the built-in stylus, it’s apparent that it comes with students in mind.
- Convertible design.
- Rugged construction.
- 4GB RAM is low for some tasks other than classwork.
#7 Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 20GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is upgraded to 1TB PCIe SSD allows to fast bootup and data transfer. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, 1-years warranty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from PConline365, and original 1-Year Manufacture warranty on remaining components
- 【Processor】AMD Ryzen 3-3350U Processor (2.10 GHz, up to 3.50 GHz Max Boost, 4 Cores, 4 Threads), AMD Radeon Vega 6 Graphics
When buying anything, we all want to spend the least in exchange for the best. Now, when buying a laptop for your MBA course, you have to get keen here— because cheap doesn’t always guarantee the best value. When talking about the best value for money, not many options come close to what Acer Aspire 5 offers.
The laptop falls in the category of 15.6-inch models when it comes to size. Thus, it’s large enough to display more details on the screen. Actually, you are going to appreciate this size for units that require you to use Microsoft Excel.
The memory size of this laptop is 16GB, more than what your classwork needs. Hence, if you are among the most hardworking persons who love multi-tasking, all your processes should run smoothly on this laptop.
Speaking of storage, you have a whole TB for your files here. Sure, that’s large enough to hold all your coursework notes, past papers, movies, games, and just about any other thing you may want to store on the laptop.
About the processor, this best-value laptop has AMD Ryzen 3-3200U Processor. This unit boasts a processing speed of 2.6 GHz to 3.5 GHz. That’s not the fastest out there. However, it will suffice for typical student needs.
- Best value for money.
- 1TB of storage.
- The keyboard is backlit.
- No SD card port.
#8 HP Spectre X360 2-in-1 Laptop
- 360° Flip-and-Fold Design, 1.8GHz 10th Gen Intel i7-10510U Quad-Core (up to 4.9GHz)
- 15.6" Diagonal 4K UHD WLED Touch Display (3840 x 2160) 340 nits, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 Graphics (2GB)
We know that laptops are great for an MBA course, but we must acknowledge that the convenience that comes with tablets is hard to replicate. Now, if you are a tablet aficionado looking for an option that will convert into your most favorite gadget when you need it, here comes the best 2-in-1 laptop for MBA students.
You can use this unit as a regular laptop for tasks that work best with that mode. However, for reading, browsing, and other jobs that work better with a tablet, you will appreciate the 360-degree Flip-and-Fold design.
The 10th generation delivers a maximum processing speed of 4.9 GHz. While that’s not the best we have on the list, it’s an impressive speed that will process your commands in no time. In terms of storage, the 512 SSD gives you plenty of space for your coursework.
About resolution, this 15.6-inch laptop comes with a 4K resolution. Therefore, whether you are reading a document, making notes, or watching a movie on this convertible laptop, expect a crisper display.
Finally, it’s worth acknowledging that this unit comes with a backlit keyboard. You will find this feature to be of use when you want to pull an all-nighter, especially when using it on laptop mode.
- Flexible convertible design.
- 4K resolution.
- It changes between modes with ease.
- Not the most lightweight.
#9 LG Gram 14Z90P Ultra-Lightweight Laptop
- 14" WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers performance for high-resolution content creation and editing
As you shop for a laptop for an MBA student, it’s always good to consider the battery life. The last thing that should bother you is a battery that drains so fast and a laptop you can’t use when there’s no power. Now, the LG Gram 14Z90P brings the best battery life.
With the 72Wh of this battery, expect up to 25.5 hours from a single charge. That’s so far the best we have on the list and also market, particularly for a laptop for an MBA student. However, it’s worth noting that the battery life will also vary depending on the applications you are using, settings, and other factors.
The 14-inch model runs on the latest 11th generation processor and has a maximum clock speed of 4.7 GHz. Also, this unit comes with 16-GB RAM. With these features, expect super-fast performance even when running the most demanding programs.
When talking about security, this laptop neither comes shy—it has an integrated fingerprint scanner in the power button. All you need to do for you to login is place your finger on the power keypad.
The expanded keypads make typing more accurate by reducing typos. No more redoing of assignments! Plus, this keyboard has backlighting, a feature that allows you to type accurately even when in the dark.
- Battery life is fantastic.
- Built-in Alexa.
- Durable construction.
- The RAM is not upgradeable.
#10 Lenovo ThinkPad E15 Laptop
- ▌Please Read Before Purchasing ▌This brand new laptop is upgraded from a base model. The manufacturer box is opened and resealed to install the parts to achieve the specifications as advertised. One-year warranty for upgraded RAM / SSD from Issaquah Highlands Tech. One-year original warranty for remaining components from Lenovo. 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD + 2TB HDD, with bonus IST Computers 500GB Portable Hard Drive
- Intel 10th Gen Core i7-10510U with UHD 620 (4 cores 8 threads, base clock speed 1.8GHz, max turbo to 4.9GHz, 8MB L3 Cache)
Most of the laptop storages are upgradeable. However, it’s wise to get a laptop with plenty of space if you already know that’s what you want from the start. For MBA students with heavy storage needs, here comes the unit with the best storage capacity.
With this laptop, you get 1TB SSD storage. That’s already more than you probably need. And as if not enough, it also offers 2 TB of HDD storage. With the 3 TB of space, you will likely store everything you want and still have some space remaining.
Memory-wise, the Lenovo ThinkPad E15 is as impressive. The 16 GB RAM is sure to keep all your applications running seamlessly. And with a 10th generation Core i7 CPU, this laptop is an actual beast when it comes to performance.
About the peripherals, the laptop comes with a 15.6-inch screen. The resolution here is 1920 x 1080, so it has an impressive pixel density. Also, this laptop has a 720 HD Camera, a backlit keyboard, and multiple ports.
Generally, you are getting a high-performance laptop here for your MBA coursework. However, one downside of this model is the battery life. Rated at just 45Wh, it may not be the ideal option for use far from the power source.
- Massive 3TB storage.
- Plenty of ports.
- It feels solid.
- Not the best battery.
#11 HP Pavilion 15 Laptop
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s compact enough to go where you go with a long-lasting battery to power you through your day
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view, entertainment on your laptop feels like bringing the theater home (1)
If you are looking for the best laptop with the latest processor, the HP Pavilion 15 laptop comes with you in mind. Here, you are getting a machine with an 11th generation core i7 processor. The latter technology brings better speed and greater efficiency at a more compact design.
Usually, a more enhanced technology comes with a heftier price tag. Now, contrary to our expectations, this machine doesn’t cost much. Thus, you get the most recent innovation without paying heavily for it. Actually, the model costs way less than its earlier self.
The HP Pavilion 15 Laptop comes with a 16 GB memory. With this RAM, this laptop will run multiple heavy applications seamlessly. Plus, the unit comes with 512 GB SSD Storage, ample space for your files. SSD delivers better speed than the traditional HDD. In fact, if the manufacturer’s claim is anything to go by, expect up to 15 times faster performance with this laptop.
The 15.6-inch size gives you plenty of screen space for reading wide documents. The micro-edged screen maximizes your view when using it from different angles. Also, this model has a larger screen-to-body ratio for a more futuristic look.
The battery keeps you going for up to eight hours. Of course, that’s not the best you can get from a single charge. After it runs out, you will appreciate that it recharges fast. Actually, it will charge from 0-50% in just 45 minutes, the shortest time a top-notch laptop will take to reach that percentage.
- More efficient processor.
- Reasonable price.
- It charges super fast.
- The battery capacity is quite low.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a laptop necessary for MBA?
Definitely! With the classwork, assignments, and research involved, a laptop is an absolute necessity for every MBA student. That’s why most colleges will go ahead to classify it among the must-have essentials when enrolling.
Is MacBook good for MBA students?
Although they deliver breathtaking performance, Macs aren’t the most appropriate for MBA students. That’s because some applications will only run on Windows. However, if you are ready to install and run Windows OS on the machine, a Mac laptop will work just fine for your needs.
Do MBA colleges give laptops?
Usually, MBA colleges won’t provide laptops. However, just to be sure, ensure that you contact the college representative. Some institutions will offer the computers but include the cost in the tuition fees.
Which laptop brand is best?
When buying a laptop, we all look out for reliability. One surefire way for this is by shopping from well-reputed manufacturers. Asus, Apple, Lenovo, and Dell are some of the manufacturers out there who have made themselves a name over the years.
Can you use your laptop for gaming?
Well, it depends. Almost every laptop will support PC games. What matters is the system requirements for the game you want to install and whether or not the laptop you have makes the cut.
Laptops aren’t cheap. Hence, before you fork out for one, ensure that it’s going to satisfy your needs. Unfortunately, at the time of purchase, it’s not easy to tell whether or not the laptop will meet your requirements.
That’s why we’ve used our expert knowledge to sift out some of the top-notch models out there. Provided you operate within the coverage, expect minimal to no chances at all for disappointments.