It is no doubt that you have had a rough time in your DIY home improvement projects, which is the reason you look forward to purchasing a heat gun.
Once you set out to buy a heat gun, you will likely get confused due to the variety of them in the market. Some will come at an attractive price that will tempt you to get them.
However, this might be the start of your problems since you might need to get a new one soon or repair it often due to breakage.
For this reason, it is best to purchase a heat gun when equipped with the information that makes an excellent heat gun.
What’s more is that it is best to make a buy after a research and at least have the idea of the name of the heat gun you need to purchase.
However, before having a look at these units, let’s begin by having a clear understanding of what to look for in a heat gun.
Hopefully, this guide will enable you to have an easy time as you select the perfect heat gun for your duties among our reviewed mini heat guns.
|1||DEWALT Heat Gun with LCD Display &...||$109.09||Buy on Amazon|
|2||SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W Heavy Duty...||$27.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||DEWALT Heat Gun (D26950)||$68.45||Buy on Amazon|
|4||PORTER-CABLE Heat Gun, 1500-Watt...||$35.02||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Wagner Spraytech 0503008 HT1000...||$19.77||Buy on Amazon|
- 13 Best Heat Gun Reviews
- #1 PORTER-CABLE Heat Gun 1500-Watt (PC1500HG)
- #2 REXBETI 1800W Heat Gun
- #3 SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W
- #4. Genesis GHG1500A Dual Temperature Heat Gun
- #5. 1500 Watt Dual Temperature Heat Gun
- #6. DEWALT D26960K Heavy Duty Heat Gun
- #7. Kawasaki 840015 Black 10-Piece Heat Gun
- #8. WAGNER HT 400 650-Degree Heat Gun
- #9. DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun
- #10. TR Industrial 89200 1500W Heat Gun
- #11. Steinel Heat Gun Kit
- #12. Simplistex (TM) – 1500 Watt DIGITAL Heat Gun
- #13. Titan Tools 22400 12.5A 120-Volt Heat Gun
- What To Look For When Buying A Heat Gun
- 1. Temperature Settings
- 2. Nozzle Type
- Some of the Common Nozzles Include:
- Other features to consider include:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- Final Verdict
13 Best Heat Gun Reviews
#1 PORTER-CABLE Heat Gun 1500-Watt (PC1500HG)
As a passionate DIY’er, a heat gun is one of the versatile tools you will need more often in your home projects. And yes, Porter-Cable is a top-rated heat gun you can always count on to get the job done correctly. The high-grade tool has a powerful 1500-watt motor that suits multiple uses. I mean, you can use this heat gun for paint stripping, removal of adhesive tiles, sealing windows, and other many applications.
The dual fan speeds allow you to control the amount of airflow depending on the nature of the project at hand. To make it easy to control the temperature, each fan setting works with a separate dial. The temperature regulator is positioned conveniently for easy access by the user. This feature makes it easier even for the beginners to work with the tool. Additionally, Porter-Cable PC1500HG Heat Gun boasts an operating temperature range of 120 degrees Fahrenheit and 1100 degrees Fahrenheit.
The model comes with a support stand. The integrated stand holds the gun to allow hands-free operation. However, you should try to avoid this as much as possible since it also increases the chances of accidents. Another feature to admire in this model is the extra-long 6-feet cord. This length gives you an extended reach to increase convenience in your home projects.
- It features a powerful 1500-watt motor.
- It features two fan speeds with separate temperature control dials.
- The wide temperature range enhances versatility.
- It weighs only 2 pounds.
- It has a 6-feet premium-grade power cord.
- The price is great.
- The build quality is incredible.
- A temperature control dial is a plus.
- The heat dial is easy to use.
- It is lightweight.
- Some customers doubt whether its lightweight design can withstand heavy abuse.
- The cord may become hot when working with maximum temperature.
#2 REXBETI 1800W Heat Gun
Expect the temperatures of this 1800-watt heat gun to rise to a maximum point of about 12100F. With the minimum temperature standing at 1400F, REXBETI 1800W heat gun will suit home and commercial applications alike. In fact, the tool has turbofans to ensure that it achieves operational temperature within seconds so that you don’t have to keep waiting for long.
The temperature control dial lets you regulate the heat the gun generates to suit the nature of your projects. So, no matter where you use it in your projects, expect it to deliver great perfection. Plus, the low and high fan speeds allow you to customize the airflow with ease. The sturdy construction can tolerate abuse in a rugged scene. I mean, in case you need a heat gun that will last for years even with regular use in a tough environment, the Rexbeti 1800W Heat Gun will be a nice purchase for you.
The rubber handle provides a firm grip, giving you better control and minimizing the chances of accidents. The unit comes with three nozzles; reduction nozzle, reflector nozzle, and glass protector nozzle. A handheld scraper is also part of the extras you get in the package. With all these accessories, you have all the necessities you need for use in multiple projects.
- It has an ergonomic rubberized handle.
- It heats up in seconds.
- It features high and low fan speeds.
- The heat gun operates within the temperature range of 1400F – 12100
- It comes with four additional accessories.
- It heats up quickly.
- It comes with a lightweight design.
- The price is reasonable.
- It is very versatile.
- It has a wide temperature range.
- It does not come with a case.
#3 SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W
As one of the top-rated heat guns in the market, expect this 1800-watt unit to handle a variety of home and commercial projects. The powerful heating system hikes the temperature to your intended level within seconds so that you can begin your projects without delay. The two flow modes handle the whole host of DIY projects ranging from thawing frozen pipes, bending plastics, loosening rusted material to removing paint and shrinking PVC.
The wide temperature range of 120 degrees F – 1200 degree F is yet another feature that adds weight to the claim that the unit is tailor-made for versatility. Also, the unit features an overload protector that minimizes the chances of damage to the heat gun by preventing overheating.
The optimal weight distribution minimizes user fatigue that comes with prolonged use. Furthermore, the ergonomic handle provides the user with a comfortable grip. The firm grasp ensures better controllability over the unit to ensure perfection in your projects and minimize the chances of getting burned.
- It has a temperature range of 120 degrees F – 1200 degree F
- It suits all home projects.
- It weighs 0.9 kgs.
- The optimal weight distribution allows long-term use.
- The cable measures 1.6 meters.
- It is easy to hold.
- It works great
- Overload protection ensures durability.
- The temperature is easy to adjust.
- The power cord is quite short.
#4. Genesis GHG1500A Dual Temperature Heat Gun
This heat gun has a power input of 12.5 Amp and a power output of 1500/750 watts. It is capable of emitting 572/1000 degrees of heated air.
As such, it enables you to perform a variety of functions. With these temperature settings, you can strip paint and varnish, remove adhesive labels, thaw pipes, soften caulking, loosen rusted nuts and bolts, speed-dry wet surfaces, among other functions.
The heat gun includes three different nozzle types. With the included deflector nozzles, you can be sure to have your glass protected when stripping the paint.
The reflector nozzle helps to speed up the process of the work you are performing. The air reduction nozzle, on the other hand, contributes to maintaining the ideal air amount based on the work you are doing.
Other than the basic functions of heat guns, you can also use this unit to light your charcoal grills. You can also warm up your RC engine so that it starts up quickly.
This device has a flat back so that you can stand it on its back to avoid burning surfaces. It also features an easy to use design so that you can use it with one hand.
The Genesis heat gun only weighs 2 pounds so that it is light enough to enable you to perform your duties without straining.
- Two temperature settings, 572/1000 degrees
- Three nozzles- Deflector nozzle, air reduction nozzle, and reflector nozzle.
- A flat back surface
- Product dimensions- 8.8 x 8.5 x 2.8 inches
- Weight- 2 pounds
- Cord length 6.5 feet
- Its body remains cool when working
- Nozzle attachments fit securely
- Heats up fast
- The seam at the front handle is quite uncomfortable
#5. 1500 Watt Dual Temperature Heat Gun
This heat gun has a 1500 wattage. It consists of dual temperature settings.
With the featured 572/1112 degrees temperature, you can be sure to perform various functions including shrinking wire wraps, stripping paint, thawing pipes, loosening fittings among others.
This unit features a three-way switch that will enable you to control the temperatures. Due to its superior coil design, it heats up quickly and maintains an even temperature.
- Two temperature settings
- Power input 120V 12.1 Amp
- A three-way switch
- A six-foot power cord
- Product dimension 10 x 3.2 x 8 inches
- Weight 1.9 pounds
- Light to handle
- Well built
- The power cord gives a greater reach
- Comfortable to hold
- Heats and cools quickly
- Control switch makes it easy to control with one hand
- It can get hot when using
#6. DEWALT D26960K Heavy Duty Heat Gun
Another unit worth mentioning in our heat gun reviews is this device from Dewalt. It has a 13Amp 120 volts power input and a 1550 maximum power output.
With its 10 feet long cord, it helps you get a great reach so that you can use it at a considerable distance away from the power outlet.
It features an LCD that allows you to adjust the temperature within a 50-degree increment. Regarding safety, this is one of the units that you should get.
It includes a built-in overload protection so that it shuts the heating element to prevent a burnup. You can have an easy time once you want to store this device since it features a built-in hang ring.
What’s more is that it includes a built-in kickstand support that provides stability when you need to take some break. It also prevents the unit from tipping over to avoid burning surfaces.
- 13A, 120V power input
- An LCD for easy temperature adjustment
- A built-in overload protection
- A built-in kickstand and hang ring
- A 10-foot power cable
- Product dimension 17.3 x 4.8 x 14.1 inches
- Unit weight 7 pounds
- It features a high-quality plastic make
- Good air flow
- Heats up quickly
- Easy to handle and light
- A variable temperature control enables setting the right heat amount
- It comes with a hard case to protect it
- Long power cord for a greater reach
- It does not have presets
- It is only adjustable in 50-degree increments
#7. Kawasaki 840015 Black 10-Piece Heat Gun
As one of the best heat gun for electronics, it includes dual temperature settings to allow you to perform a variety of tasks.
The heat gun has a powerful 12.5 Amp heating element and dual speed settings to enable you to perform your task quickly.
What’s more is that it includes a wide jet, a plain jet, 3 scraper heads, a reduction jet and a heat gun cradle.
- Dual temperature settings
- Dual speed settings
- A 12.5 Amp heating element
- Product dimensions- 3.6 x 12.5 x 11.4 inches
- Weight- 4 pounds
- A three position switch high, off, and low setting
- It includes a case and accessories
- A built-in stand for a hands-free operation
- Light and powerful
- It features a durable plastic case
- Heats up quickly
- Built-in stand aids in its support
- The power cord is quite stiff
#8. WAGNER HT 400 650-Degree Heat Gun
This mini heat gun delivers an outstanding performance in a small package. It provides 360 watts and 1225 BTUs of power.
The heat gun is built of high-quality materials so that it can serve you for long.
What’s more is that it features a 650-degree Fahrenheit heat setting so that it performs the tasks that require this amount of heat easily.
It is also light in weight so that you can handle it for long hours without getting tired.
- One heat setting
- Product dimension 11 x 2.5 x 4.2 inches
- Weight 1.1 pounds
- Heats up and cools down quickly
- It blows out hot air evenly
- Durable construction
- Compact and easy to carry
- Operates quietly
- It does not have a handle
- It has a fixed 650-degree temperature
#9. DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun
This device is designed to perform numerous functions. It features a variable temperature control to allow you to adjust the heat settings to fit your duty.
Its heat ranges from 120 degrees up to 1100 degrees. As such it will perform your desired task with much ease.
However, always ensure that you begin with the low-temperature setting as you move high until you can get the right temperature to avoid damaging your property.
The unit features a safe construction since it includes a built-in protection. This means that you can be sure that it will not burn up since this enables the heating element to shut down.
Another plus of this device is the built-in hang ring. With this, you can store it with a lot of ease.
Once you need to take a break, you do not need to worry about the placement of the unit since it features an innovative kickstand that will provide support without making it tip over.
Once you get one of these units, you can be sure to perform long tasks without getting tired fast. The reason behind this is that it features an ergonomic comfort to enhance your comfort.
Even better, it only weighs 2.1 pounds which is a lightweight to allow you to handle it without straining.
The unit also features separate internal control that aid in the maintenance of the motor and heating element.
- Variable temperature control setting
- Built-in hang ring for easy storage
- Built-in overload protection
- Built-in kickstand to provide support
- Cord protector prevents the cord from tearing
- Ergonomic comfort grip
- 10 feet power cord to provide a great reach
- Temperature settings range from 120 to 1100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power input 13 Amperes, 120 volts.
- Power output 1550 Watts
- Product dimension 11 x 8 x 3.4 inches
- Heats up instantly
- Sturdy construction
- The cord is long and thick
- Easy to adjust the temperature
- It does not feature an LCD and a case
#10. TR Industrial 89200 1500W Heat Gun
This is a cheap heat gun that has a lot of benefits to offer. It delivers 1500W of power output.
As such, you can use it for a range of activities including stripping paint, shrinking film, drying damp wood, and softening adhesives, among other functions.
What’s more is that this it features a variable temperature control with dual fan speed settings, which enables you to customize the heat settings based on your task.
For a safety and reliable operation, this device includes a built-in overheating protection. It also features a built-in stand that allows you to place it safely on a flat surface without worrying about it falling.
It’s 10 feet long cable provides a greater reach, hence convenient when your power outlet is quite far. The heat gun comes with a portable case to make it easy to carry around.
- A built-in stand
- A variable temperature control with dual fan speed- Setting 1: 122-842°F, Setting 2: 194-1112°F.
- A built-in heating protection
- A 10 feet long power cable
- A carrying case
- A powerful 12.5 AMP/1500 Watt motor
- Product dimensions 13 x 10.5 x 4.5 inches
- Weight 4.3 pounds
- Heats up quickly
- Consistent temperatures
- It comes with a case for easy carrying
- The power cord is long for convenience
- It does not feature a label of the heat settings
- It is big and bulky
#11. Steinel Heat Gun Kit
This is a heat gun by Steinel with added accessories stored in a rugged aluminum carrying case.
It features a microprocessor control for advanced programming and uninterrupted heat control.
It also includes a unique LCD that will let you change the temperature in a 10-degree Fahrenheit range so that you can get the ideal temperature.
It has an exclusive DuraTherm heating element that is enclosed in ceramic to keep it protected, and thus extend its lifetime.
This gun includes several nozzles. Some of these include a 75mm spreader nozzle, 39mm and 14mm reflector nozzles, and a 9mm reduction nozzle.
The unit also features a variable temperature ranging from 120 to 1150 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit has a power output of 1500W, and a voltage of 120.
- Rugged aluminum carrying case
- A microprocessor control
- LCD that displays temperature change
- DuraTherm heating element enclosed in ceramic
- Spreader, reduction, and reflector nozzles
- Power output 1500W
- Voltage 120V
- Product dimension 12.3 x 12 x 4.4 inches
- Weight 5.8 pounds
- It is easy to set the temperatures and read the LED
- Competitively priced
- Well built
- It has a design that allows it to stand alone without burning items
- Comfortable grip
- The case does not feature compartments for an easy organization
#12. Simplistex (TM) – 1500 Watt DIGITAL Heat Gun
As one of the best affordable heat gun for crafts.
This unit features a six-stage adjustable airflow that makes it ideal for several duties.
You can use it at a temperature between 122 to 932 degrees Fahrenheit.
As such, you can use it for removing paint, shrink-wrapping, welding, thawing frozen pipes, among other duties.
What’s more is that it comes with several nozzle attachments to enable it to perform a range of activities.
Some of these nozzles include the reflector nozzle, cone nozzle, glass protector nozzle, and a fishtail nozzle.
This device has a power output of 1500W. It also includes an LCD that displays the fan speed, current temperature setting, current output temperature, and the units of measurement.
- Six-stage digital adjustable air flow
- LCD screen that displays the temperature, fan speed, among other units
- Four nozzles included
- Voltage 120V
- Product dimension 10.4 x 10.3 x 3.6 inches
- Weight 2.3 pounds
- Fan is adjustable
- The digital display is easy to read
- Easy to adjust to the best unit temperature
- Heats up quickly
- Long and sturdy power cable
- The screen is not backlit
#13. Titan Tools 22400 12.5A 120-Volt Heat Gun
This cheap heat gun operates at 120 volts and a current rating of 12.5Amp.
It features a dual temperature setting so that it gives you an option of performing various activities.
The unit is ideal for paint stripping, shrink tubing and plastic welding.
It features a sturdy ABS plastic body that makes it highly durable.
What’s more is that it includes a three position rocker switch that allows you to change the temperatures from high to low, or simply switch it off.
- Dual temperature setting
- A 3 position rocker switch
- Durable ABS body construction
- Product dimension 3 x 9.1 x 10 inches
- Weight 1.9 pounds
- Comfortable to hold
- It gets hot quickly
- It does not make a lot of noise
- It produces smoke in the first couple of days
What To Look For When Buying A Heat Gun
1. Temperature Settings
What surface are you working on, and what task do you intend to do?
Answering these questions will enable you to select the right heat gun based on the temperature settings.
Note that working with a low-temperature heat gun will not deliver expected results, and working with a heat gun that produces a very high temperature can damage your surface.
So, ensure that you can a heat gun that produces the ideal temperature to deliver the best results.
You can select from that with a dual temperature setting or one with an adjustable temperature setting.
2. Nozzle Type
Once you have decided on the temperature setting, you will want to determine the nozzle that you want to work with so that you can determine if the heat gun can support it.
Nozzles will help you direct the heat in the way you want. What’s more is that they can perform different tasks.
So be sure to get a heat gun that can support the nozzle you need. Some heat guns come with various types of nozzles while others require that you buy them separately.
Some of the Common Nozzles Include:
Other features to consider include:
Once you have analyzed the factors above, you will now want to determine the price you can afford to pay for your heat gun.
Always remember that you get what you pay for. If you are not willing to spend a lot to get a machine with durable and efficient features, you might spend a lot in the long run due to frequent repairs.
So, ensure that you consider the features you need the heat gun to include, and only then, decide on the one to get based on your budget.
If you do not have enough to spend on this item, you may consider borrowing from a friend until you can save enough for the best investment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
What is the hottest heat gun?
A hotter heat gun translates to greater capability to handle heavy tasks. Most of our models boast a maximum heat level of above 1100 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, they are among the market’s hottest heat guns you will come across.
Are heat guns safe?
Provided you follow safety precautions when using a heat gun you will have nothing to regret. For example, ensure that you wear safety gear when using a heat gun to keep you safe in case you come into contact with the hot air accidentally. You should also avoid using it near any flammable materials since it can lead to fire breakout.
How hot can a heat gun get?
The maximum temperature that a heat gun can achieve may differ from one model to the other. Nevertheless, some of the market’s top options will heat up to temperatures of above 1100 degrees Fahrenheit. With such heat level, you will be able to handle just about any project where a heat gun is necessary.
What is the top-rated heat gun on the market?
With varying customer needs, it’s quite tricky to handle this question since each user rates the product depending on how well it handles the intended job. However, with our list of top 13 heat guns comprising of the market’s top-rated selections, ensure that you first go through each model keenly to see the one that will suit your needs perfectly. That will be your ideal purchase.
Do you need a heat gun to vinyl wrap?
Yes you do. A heat gun will turn handy in the post-heating stage. Hair driers would be too weak whereas the propane torch would be too strong. However, with an adjustable heat gun, you should get the job done excellently.
You may wonder why I recommend these heat guns for your tasks.
The fact is that many customers have reviewed them positively, many of them stating that they offer the best value for money.
With these units, you can never go wrong with your investment, since they are durable, functional, and reasonably priced.
However, ensure that the heat gun you select incorporates the features and specifications of a device that can give you the best time based on your duties.