It is no doubt that you have had a rough time in your DIY home improvement projects, which is the reason you look forward to purchasing a heat gun.
Once you set out to buy a heat gun, you will likely get confused due to the variety of them in the market. Some will come at an attractive price that will tempt you to get them.
However, this might be the start of your problems since you might need to get a new one soon or repair it often due to breakage.
For this reason, it is best to purchase a heat gun when equipped with the information that makes an excellent heat gun.
What’s more is that it is best to make a buy after a research and at least have the idea of the name of the heat gun you need to purchase.
However, before having a look at these units, let’s begin by having a clear understanding of what to look for in a heat gun.
Hopefully, this guide will enable you to have an easy time as you select the perfect heat gun for your duties among our reviewed mini heat guns.
3 TOP HEAT GUN COMPARISON
10 BEST HEAT GUN REVIEWS
1. Genesis GHG1500A Dual Temperature Heat Gun
This heat gun has a power input of 12.5 Amp and a power output of 1500/750 watts. It is capable of emitting 572/1000 degrees of heated air.
As such, it enables you to perform a variety of functions. With these temperature settings, you can strip paint and varnish, remove adhesive labels, thaw pipes, soften caulking, loosen rusted nuts and bolts, speed-dry wet surfaces, among other functions.
The heat gun includes three different nozzle types. With the included deflector nozzles, you can be sure to have your glass protected when stripping the paint.
The reflector nozzle helps to speed up the process of the work you are performing. The air reduction nozzle, on the other hand, contributes to maintaining the ideal air amount based on the work you are doing.
Other than the basic functions of heat guns, you can also use this unit to light your charcoal grills. You can also warm up your RC engine so that it starts up quickly.
This device has a flat back so that you can stand it on its back to avoid burning surfaces. It also features an easy to use design so that you can use it with one hand.
The Genesis heat gun only weighs 2 pounds so that it is light enough to enable you to perform your duties without straining.
- Two temperature settings, 572/1000 degrees
- Three nozzles- Deflector nozzle, air reduction nozzle, and reflector nozzle.
- A flat back surface
- Product dimensions- 8.8 x 8.5 x 2.8 inches
- Weight- 2 pounds
- Cord length 6.5 feet
- Its body remains cool when working
- Nozzle attachments fit securely
- Heats up fast
- The seam at the front handle is quite uncomfortable
2. 1500 Watt Dual Temperature Heat GunNo products found.
This heat gun has a 1500 wattage. It consists of dual temperature settings.
With the featured 572/1112 degrees temperature, you can be sure to perform various functions including shrinking wire wraps, stripping paint, thawing pipes, loosening fittings among others.
This unit features a three-way switch that will enable you to control the temperatures. Due to its superior coil design, it heats up quickly and maintains an even temperature.
- Two temperature settings
- Power input 120V 12.1 Amp
- A three-way switch
- A six-foot power cord
- Product dimension 10 x 3.2 x 8 inches
- Weight 1.9 pounds
- Light to handle
- Well built
- The power cord gives a greater reach
- Comfortable to hold
- Heats and cools quickly
- Control switch makes it easy to control with one hand
- It can get hot when using
3. DEWALT D26960K Heavy Duty Heat Gun
Another unit worth mentioning in our heat gun reviews is this device from Dewalt. It has a 13Amp 120 volts power input and a 1550 maximum power output.
With its 10 feet long cord, it helps you get a great reach so that you can use it at a considerable distance away from the power outlet.
It features an LCD that allows you to adjust the temperature within a 50-degree increment. Regarding safety, this is one of the units that you should get.
It includes a built-in overload protection so that it shuts the heating element to prevent a burnup. You can have an easy time once you want to store this device since it features a built-in hang ring.
What’s more is that it includes a built-in kickstand support that provides stability when you need to take some break. It also prevents the unit from tipping over to avoid burning surfaces.
- 13A, 120V power input
- An LCD for easy temperature adjustment
- A built-in overload protection
- A built-in kickstand and hang ring
- A 10-foot power cable
- Product dimension 17.3 x 4.8 x 14.1 inches
- Unit weight 7 pounds
- It features a high-quality plastic make
- Good air flow
- Heats up quickly
- Easy to handle and light
- A variable temperature control enables setting the right heat amount
- It comes with a hard case to protect it
- Long power cord for a greater reach
- It does not have presets
- It is only adjustable in 50-degree increments
4. Kawasaki 840015 Black 10-Piece Heat Gun
As one of the best heat gun for electronics, it includes dual temperature settings to allow you to perform a variety of tasks.
The heat gun has a powerful 12.5 Amp heating element and dual speed settings to enable you to perform your task quickly.
What’s more is that it includes a wide jet, a plain jet, 3 scraper heads, a reduction jet and a heat gun cradle.
- Dual temperature settings
- Dual speed settings
- A 12.5 Amp heating element
- Product dimensions- 3.6 x 12.5 x 11.4 inches
- Weight- 4 pounds
- A three position switch high, off, and low setting
- It includes a case and accessories
- A built-in stand for a hands-free operation
- Light and powerful
- It features a durable plastic case
- Heats up quickly
- Built-in stand aids in its support
- The power cord is quite stiff
5. WAGNER HT 400 650-Degree Heat Gun
This mini heat gun delivers an outstanding performance in a small package. It provides 360 watts and 1225 BTUs of power.
The heat gun is built of high-quality materials so that it can serve you for long.
What’s more is that it features a 650-degree Fahrenheit heat setting so that it performs the tasks that require this amount of heat easily.
It is also light in weight so that you can handle it for long hours without getting tired.
- One heat setting
- Product dimension 11 x 2.5 x 4.2 inches
- Weight 1.1 pounds
- Heats up and cools down quickly
- It blows out hot air evenly
- Durable construction
- Compact and easy to carry
- Operates quietly
- It does not have a handle
- It has a fixed 650-degree temperature
6. DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun
This device is designed to perform numerous functions. It features a variable temperature control to allow you to adjust the heat settings to fit your duty.
Its heat ranges from 120 degrees up to 1100 degrees. As such it will perform your desired task with much ease.
However, always ensure that you begin with the low-temperature setting as you move high until you can get the right temperature to avoid damaging your property.
The unit features a safe construction since it includes a built-in protection. This means that you can be sure that it will not burn up since this enables the heating element to shut down.
Another plus of this device is the built-in hang ring. With this, you can store it with a lot of ease.
Once you need to take a break, you do not need to worry about the placement of the unit since it features an innovative kickstand that will provide support without making it tip over.
Once you get one of these units, you can be sure to perform long tasks without getting tired fast. The reason behind this is that it features an ergonomic comfort to enhance your comfort.
Even better, it only weighs 2.1 pounds which is a lightweight to allow you to handle it without straining.
The unit also features separate internal control that aid in the maintenance of the motor and heating element.
- Variable temperature control setting
- Built-in hang ring for easy storage
- Built-in overload protection
- Built-in kickstand to provide support
- Cord protector prevents the cord from tearing
- Ergonomic comfort grip
- 10 feet power cord to provide a great reach
- Temperature settings range from 120 to 1100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power input 13 Amperes, 120 volts.
- Power output 1550 Watts
- Product dimension 11 x 8 x 3.4 inches
- Heats up instantly
- Sturdy construction
- The cord is long and thick
- Easy to adjust the temperature
- It does not feature an LCD and a case
7. TR Industrial 89200 1500W Heat Gun
This is a cheap heat gun that has a lot of benefits to offer. It delivers 1500W of power output.
As such, you can use it for a range of activities including stripping paint, shrinking film, drying damp wood, and softening adhesives, among other functions.
What’s more is that this it features a variable temperature control with dual fan speed settings, which enables you to customize the heat settings based on your task.
For a safety and reliable operation, this device includes a built-in overheating protection. It also features a built-in stand that allows you to place it safely on a flat surface without worrying about it falling.
It’s 10 feet long cable provides a greater reach, hence convenient when your power outlet is quite far. The heat gun comes with a portable case to make it easy to carry around.
- A built-in stand
- A variable temperature control with dual fan speed- Setting 1: 122-842°F, Setting 2: 194-1112°F.
- A built-in heating protection
- A 10 feet long power cable
- A carrying case
- A powerful 12.5 AMP/1500 Watt motor
- Product dimensions 13 x 10.5 x 4.5 inches
- Weight 4.3 pounds
- Heats up quickly
- Consistent temperatures
- It comes with a case for easy carrying
- The power cord is long for convenience
- It does not feature a label of the heat settings
- It is big and bulky
8. Steinel Heat Gun Kit, 25th Anniversary Edition
This is a heat gun by Steinel with added accessories stored in a rugged aluminum carrying case.
It features a microprocessor control for advanced programming and uninterrupted heat control.
It also includes a unique LCD that will let you change the temperature in a 10-degree Fahrenheit range so that you can get the ideal temperature.
It has an exclusive DuraTherm heating element that is enclosed in ceramic to keep it protected, and thus extend its lifetime.
This gun includes several nozzles. Some of these include a 75mm spreader nozzle, 39mm and 14mm reflector nozzles, and a 9mm reduction nozzle.
The unit also features a variable temperature ranging from 120 to 1150 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit has a power output of 1500W, and a voltage of 120.
- Rugged aluminum carrying case
- A microprocessor control
- LCD that displays temperature change
- DuraTherm heating element enclosed in ceramic
- Spreader, reduction, and reflector nozzles
- Power output 1500W
- Voltage 120V
- Product dimension 12.3 x 12 x 4.4 inches
- Weight 5.8 pounds
- It is easy to set the temperatures and read the LED
- Competitively priced
- Well built
- It has a design that allows it to stand alone without burning items
- Comfortable grip
- The case does not feature compartments for an easy organization
9. Simplistex (TM) – 1500 Watt DIGITAL Heat Gun
As one of the best affordable heat gun for crafts.
This unit features a six-stage adjustable airflow that makes it ideal for several duties.
You can use it at a temperature between 122 to 932 degrees Fahrenheit.
As such, you can use it for removing paint, shrink-wrapping, welding, thawing frozen pipes, among other duties.
What’s more is that it comes with several nozzle attachments to enable it to perform a range of activities.
Some of these nozzles include the reflector nozzle, cone nozzle, glass protector nozzle, and a fishtail nozzle.
This device has a power output of 1500W. It also includes an LCD that displays the fan speed, current temperature setting, current output temperature, and the units of measurement.
- Six-stage digital adjustable air flow
- LCD screen that displays the temperature, fan speed, among other units
- Four nozzles included
- Voltage 120V
- Product dimension 10.4 x 10.3 x 3.6 inches
- Weight 2.3 pounds
- Fan is adjustable
- The digital display is easy to read
- Easy to adjust to the best unit temperature
- Heats up quickly
- Long and sturdy power cable
- The screen is not backlit
10. Titan Tools 22400 12.5A 120-Volt Heat Gun
This cheap heat gun operates at 120 volts and a current rating of 12.5Amp.
It features a dual temperature setting so that it gives you an option of performing various activities.
The unit is ideal for paint stripping, shrink tubing and plastic welding.
It features a sturdy ABS plastic body that makes it highly durable.
What’s more is that it includes a three position rocker switch that allows you to change the temperatures from high to low, or simply switch it off.
- Dual temperature setting
- A 3 position rocker switch
- Durable ABS body construction
- Product dimension 3 x 9.1 x 10 inches
- Weight 1.9 pounds
- Comfortable to hold
- It gets hot quickly
- It does not make a lot of noise
- It produces smoke in the first couple of days
What To Look For When Buying A Heat Gun
1. Temperature Settings
What surface are you working on, and what task do you intend to do?
Answering these questions will enable you to select the right heat gun based on the temperature settings.
Note that working with a low-temperature heat gun will not deliver expected results, and working with a heat gun that produces a very high temperature can damage your surface.
So, ensure that you can a heat gun that produces the ideal temperature to deliver the best results.
You can select from that with a dual temperature setting or one with an adjustable temperature setting.
2. Nozzle Type
Once you have decided on the temperature setting, you will want to determine the nozzle that you want to work with so that you can determine if the heat gun can support it.
Nozzles will help you direct the heat in the way you want. What’s more is that they can perform different tasks.
So be sure to get a heat gun that can support the nozzle you need. Some heat guns come with various types of nozzles while others require that you buy them separately.
Some of the Common Nozzles Include:
Other features to consider include:
Once you have analyzed the factors above, you will now want to determine the price you can afford to pay for your heat gun.
Always remember that you get what you pay for. If you are not willing to spend a lot to get a machine with durable and efficient features, you might spend a lot in the long run due to frequent repairs.
So, ensure that you consider the features you need the heat gun to include, and only then, decide on the one to get based on your budget.
If you do not have enough to spend on this item, you may consider borrowing from a friend until you can save enough for the best investment.
You may wonder why I recommend these heat guns for your tasks.
The fact is that many customers have reviewed them positively, many of them stating that they offer the best value for money.
With these units, you can never go wrong with your investment, since they are durable, functional, and reasonably priced.
However, ensure that the heat gun you select incorporates the features and specifications of a device that can give you the best time based on your duties.