French fries, who doesn’t love this food? I believe you also do, which is the reason you are reading this piece.
Most of us not only love this snack because it is delicious, but it is also easy to prepare. The only difficulty you can face while making this dish is when you need to cut the fries manually while trying to shape them evenly.
For this reason, several manufacturers have come up to make french fry cutters to help you produce even french fries from you potatoes with a lot of ease.
Hence, this makes it difficult for you to select the best potato cutter from the many brands available.
Best French Fry Cutter Reviews
1. Weston Restaurant Quality French Fry Cutter
Preparing french fries does not have to be tiresome and time-consuming.
With this french fry cutter, you can be sure to have perfect slices of potatoes with little effort.
You will only need to place the potato on the press, push down the handle, and there, you have your uniformly sliced pieces.
This product features a heavy-duty cast iron construction. What does this mean? No more wastage of money purchasing french fry cutters due to regular breakages.
Even better, it features stainless steel blades. These help to enhance durability while you will no longer deal with rusting and corrosion.
What’s more is that you can forget about having your french fry cutter sliding while in use. The reason behind this is that it features suction cup feet aimed at giving your device added stability.
Another plus of this machine is that it gives you the option to use it while on your countertop or when mounted to reduce the clutter on your working space.
With this equipment, you will not only slice your peeled potatoes, but you can also try them unpeeled, seasoned or unseasoned as well as baked or unbaked.
Even better, you can use it on carrots, sweet potatoes, and eggplants, among other vegetables. This french fry cutter will slice your 6″ potato into 3/8″ french fries.
- Stainless steel blades to enhance durability and prevent corrosion
- Heavy-duty iron construction
- Suction cups that enhance stability
- Cuts potatoes of up to 6″ into 3/8 fries
- It weighs 14 pounds and measures 9.6 x 20.6 x 9.4 inches
- Easy to use and clean
- It is fast to assemble and disassemble
- Well constructed and durable
- It is wall mountable to maximize the available space
- The handle can get stiff when you want to pull it down
2. CO-Z Commercial Grade Heavy Duty French Fry Cutter
Just as the name suggests, this french fry cutter is constructed to allow you to perform heavy duty tasks without the fear of it breaking.
The device features a solid aluminum alloy construction with cast iron rod, which makes it highly durable. More to that it features three size wedge blades and pusher blocks.
The blades with sizes of 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″ enable you to choose the size of the french fries you want to deliver.
What’s more is that these blades feature a stainless steel construction to safeguard your health since they do not corrode or rust.
This french fry cutter is ideal for home or commercial use since it is comfortable to use. Its handle is elegant and ergonomic featuring non-skid and easy to grasp features.
As such, you can remain comfortable through long cutting hours. Even better, the various blade sizes make it perfect for commercial uses since you can cut thin to thick fries.
Once you get one of these cutters, installing it is easy, and you can base it on your preference. You can use the four heavy-duty suction feet to install it on your smooth countertops so that it does not skip.
On the other hand, you can mount it to your wall permanently for enhanced effectiveness. What’s more is that all accessories are included to make fixing much easy.
- An elegant and ergonomic handle
- Detachable tool bit using claw nuts for an easy disassembly
- Aluminum alloy body enhances durability and makes it corrosion resistant
- 4 suction feet for easy installation on smooth countertops
- Sharp steel blades to enhance food security
- Product weight 8.8 pounds, product measurement 11.4 x 13.4 x 8 inches
- It is a space saver since it can be mounted on the wall
- Handle is non-skid
- The blades of the different sizes allow cutting fries based on the thickness you prefer
- Well-built and easy to operate
- It is quite heavy
3. Best Choice Products Potato French Fry Fruit Vegetable Cutter
Do you in need of a heavy-duty french fry cutter that will give you the ability to deliver different sizes slices?
This french fry cutter by best choice products is one of the best products to give a try. It features heavy-duty stainless steel blades that are aimed to enhance durability.
Stainless steel blades also deliver safe slices since it is resistant to rusting. This device features three french fry blades and a fourth blade designed for slicing oranges and apples.
The three blades deliver slices that measure 3/8″, 1/2″, and 3/4″. As such, you can use it to produce thin to thick slices based on your preference.
While cutting your vegetables using this machine, you may mount it on the wall or the table.
- Heavy duty stainless steel commercial grade construction
- Three french fry blades and a fourth blade to slice apples or oranges
- Wall and table mountable
- It measures 10.5″ x 6.625″ x 11.75″ and weighs 10.6 pounds
- Rust-proof pusher block
- It is hard, and not likely to break even after a fall
- Easy to use and cuts fast
- Easy to assemble
- It comes with different sized cutters so that you can switch to your best
- Easy to clean
- It is a little bulky and does not include suction cups
- It is hard to cut through hard stuff such as sweet potatoes
4. TMS® Potato French Fry Cutter
Do you want a potato slicer that will not only cut your potatoes but other vegetables too? You should give this french fry cutter a try.
It is a versatile potato cutter that will help you to slice your yams, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, apples, and turnips, among other vegetables.
As such, no more cutting of fingers trying to chop your fruits and vegetables. Apart from enabling you to cut various vegetables, this potato cutter will let you cut them the way you like.
This is because it features four interchangeable blades that cut different sizes. So, if you prefer thin or thick slices, you can be sure to get what you want while using this cutter.
What’s more is that you will have your preferred slices with little effort. This is due to the extra long lever that offers maximum strength power.
With this machine, you can be sure to produce slices that are not a threat to your health.
The reason behind this is that the blades are of stainless steel to ensure that they do not rust or corrode to avoid leaving metals to your foods.
Even better, these blades make it easy for you to clean them thereby enabling you to stay healthy.
The TMS® Potato French Fry Cutter can give you a long service time since it features an aluminum alloy steel handle that will not break no matter the pressure you exert.
Even better, the stainless steel blades are durable to prevent them from breaking. The fact that the overall frame construction is rust proof also adds to its durability.
- 4 interchangeable blades that allow cutting of different sizes
- Stainless steel blades that are rust-proof
- The extra long lever to give maximum strength and reduce the effort
- Aluminum alloy steel handle to enhance sturdiness
- Blades that cut through a variety of vegetables
- It measures 10.5 x 6.625 x 11.75 and weighs 10.8 pounds
- Easy to use and clean
- Nice and sharp blades
- Easy to change the blades
- Offers different sized slices
- It does not come with suction cups
5. New Star 42313 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
This potato slicer from New Star is built to last since it comes with a heavy duty rust proof powder coated iron body.
As such, you can be sure that it will endure all forms of abuse, including leaving it leaving outside.
What’s more is that this potato slicer features a stainless steel rod that will enable you to slice your vegetables with little effort.
The slicer can cut your vegetables into 1/2″ pieces, which is a perfect size to make your food look presentable.
You can use this slicer while mounted on the table top or the wall. What’s more is that it comes with powerful suction feet for easy mounting.
Once you do not want to use this french fry cutter, you can remove it from the mounting area with a lot of ease.
- Heavy duty cast iron body coated with rust proof powder
- Sturdy suction feet to enable table or wall mounting
- A stainless steel rod that enables cutting of fries with a lot of ease
- Blades that cut fries into 1/2″ pieces
- Additional accessories for installation and backup parts to replace broken parts
- It weighs 11 pounds and measures 20 x 10 x 9 inches
- It is sturdy and holds up a lot of work use
- Easy to use, and disassemble
- It has sharp blades
- Cutters can be changed
- Suction feet keep it in place, and they are easy to release
- Cleaning is time-consuming
- It is large and heavy
6. TigerChef TC-20562 Heavy Duty Potato French Fry Cutter
This potato slicer by TigerChef company ranks among the best french fry cutters due to its reliable operation.
It features all metal cutters, a cast iron body, and a stainless steel rod, which makes it a heavy-duty slicer.
As such, you can use it to slice lots of vegetables such as fries, zucchini, among others into uniform pieces, which make it suitable both for commercial and home use.
This heavy-duty potato slicer features three sizes of super sharp blades. These enable you to cut through your hard vegetables such as sweet potatoes with a lot of ease.
When using it, you only need to push the handle and observe as your vegetables get sliced by the sharp blades. Another plus of this french fry cutter is that it has convenient suction feet.
These allow you allow you to mount your slicer on the countertop or the wall so that you can be sure to deliver best slices with little effort.
The feet can be detached once you are done using your slicer to leave a clutter-free kitchen space.
Once you get one of these, you can be sure to have an easy time maintaining it since it features 1/4″, 3/8″, and 1/2″ replacement blades and block sets.
What’s more is that its package includes suction feet so that you do not have to buy them separately, and a free cleaning brush to help maintain your potato slicer clean.
- Suction feet to mount your slicer on the wall or countertop
- 3-sizes super sharp blades to help you cut with a lot of ease
- The stainless steel rod that enhances durability while making cutting much efficient
- Cast iron body that resists rusting to give you a long service time
- A cleaning brush for an easier cleaning of your potato slicer
- The product measures 18 x 14 x 10 inches and weighs 13.8 pounds
- It has a good construction which renders it durable
- Its suction feet work perfectly, and it does not slide while in use
- It cuts almost all vegetables so fast
- It has a large handle that provides the necessary leverage
- Easy to assemble
- The blades make it easy to deliver the sizes that you want
- It is hard to clean
- It is heavy and large
7. Weston Products French Fry Cutter
Have you been looking for a potato slicer that you will clean at a breeze? If so, you should not hesitate to try this french fry cutter.
Once you need to clean it, you can simply need to put it into your dishwater and let the cleaning be handled for you.
This Weston french fry cutter will serve you for long. It features a high-quality ABS plastic body that will not break easily.
What’s more is that the slicer will enable you to cut differently sized vegetables since it includes 3/8″ and 1/2″ blades and pusher.
As such, you can be sure to get your perfect sized vegetables. What’s more, this slicer allows you to dice with little effort. It includes a removable knife guide that will enhance even vegetable dicing.
When slicing or dicing, this potato cutter will not mess since it will remain stable due to its non-slip rubber feet.
- Dishwasher safe to make cleaning a lot easier
- Removable knife guide for even vegetable dicing
- Nonslip rubber feet to maintain its stability while in use
- Ratchet action clicks in 3/8 intervals
- High-quality ABS plastic to enhance its durability
- It measures 11 x 5 x 5 inches and weighs 2 pounds
- It is easy to use since it only requires a simple push of the ratchet handle
- It can slice a lot of vegetables including onions, celery, tomatoes, and potatoes
- Plastic is heavy duty to enable it to handle even the hardest vegetables
- The blades are sharp and cut your vegetables like soft butter
- It does not require you to exert a lot of pressure to cut through the vegetables
- You can’t cut a large potato full. You have to cut it first before slicing it
8. Culina French Fry Potato Cutter
This potato slicer features a design that will enable you to cut your vegetables with a lot of ease.
It is curved at the lower part to let you have a simple time while fitting potatoes before cutting. What’s more is its interchangeable blades that deliver two size cut options.
As such, you can get thin slices or regular sized slices based on your preference. Something more about this slicer is that it not only gives you the chance to cut potatoes only but other vegetables too.
As such, you can be sure to slice your radishes, cucumbers, and apples, among other vegetables.
Once you have cut your vegetables, you can be sure to clean the potato cutter with a lot of ease since it only requires spraying of water in the areas with food residue.
- A curved shape to allow a secure fit of potatoes
- Ability to chop different vegetables
- Two interchangeable blades let you get regular sized or thin fries
- It only requires spraying water to the areas with food residue to keep it clean
- It measures 9.9 x 4 x 5.1 inches and weighs 1.6 pounds
- Easy to wash and maintain
- The cutter does not require a lot of force while using
- The blades and pushers are easy to change
- The blades are very sturdy
- Easy to clean
- The curved bottom rest gives a good grip
- The unit is small, and can’t cut a big potato whole
9. Prepworks by Progressive Vegetable and French Fry Cutter
The Prepworks is the answer to your french fry cutting needs when you want a potato slicer that will enable you to slice lots of french fries within a short time.
It can easily create dozens of french fries with a single push of a lever. This is because of the interchangeable stainless steel blades, one with 25 holes and the other with 49 holes.
As such, when you want to create 3/8″ fries, you can use the 49 holes blade, while you can use the 25 holes blades to create 1/2″ french fries.
What’s more is that the cutter features a soft handle that leaves you comfortable at the end of it all.
Operating it is simple since you only require to place your potatoes into the chute and push the lever, after which your work is done.
Once you finish slicing the potatoes, you can only hand washes your machine since it does not support the use of dishwashers. You can also use it when you need to cut your carrots, cucumber, and zucchini.
- An easy to operate the lever
- Creates lots of french fries with a single push of the lever
- It is a hand wash only potato slicer
- It has a product measurement of 4.2 x 9.8 x 4 inches and weighs 1.6 pounds
- Interchangeable stainless steel blades, one with 49 holes to produce thin slices, and the other with 49 holes to create thick slices
- Easy to use
- It helps to save a lot of time
- It cleans up so easily
- It is made of tough plastic and stainless steel which makes it sturdy
- Blades interchange so easily
- The opening where you put the vegetables is not big. Hence, you must cut big potatoes first before using the cutter
10. Easy Grip Apple Slicer/Corer Mango and Potato Slicer for Home Made French Fries
Despite it being in the bottom of the best french fry cutter, this vegetable slicer has a lot to offer which therefore makes it be among the top 10 potato cutters.
The slicer does not only slice your vegetables into eight perfect slices but also removes the core simultaneously.
It features easy grip handles, which are also large and cushioned to give you the comfort you need when using this slicer.
What’s more is that its blades are of stainless steel and they are sharp, so that you do not have to exert a lot of pressure while slicing your vegetables.
Once you use this machine, you can clean it using your dishwasher. It is perfect for use on apples, mangoes, pears, and potatoes.
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy grip handles to enhance comfort
- Large handles to give greater leverage and control
- Sharp stainless steel blades to make perfect slices
- It measures 5.1 x 2.4 x 16.1 inches while it weighs 14.9 ounces
- It does not jam while in use
- The blades are sharp to give perfect slices
- Easy to clean
- It requires you to stay careful while slicing potatoes since it can cut your fingers
What Should I Look When Buying A French Fry Cutters
1. Construction material
You need to look for potato slicer with a material that will fit your duties.
So, you will have to determine if your potato slicer is one to perform heavy-duties or low duties.
If you need a potato cutter that you will use on a daily basis to cut significant amounts of french fries, ensure that it has a rugged frame and cutting mechanism.
It should also feature an ergonomic handle that will leave you comfortable after a long time of use.
On the other hand, if it is one that you will need to use at home, it does not have to be very strong, but it should at least endure your home slicing duties without breaking.
2. Type of blades
How sharp are the blades? Do you have to sharpen them after every use? Are they removable to make it easy to wash your machine?
Are the blades rust proofs? There are a lot of questions you need to ask before purchasing a potato slicer.
Whatever your concern is based on the cutting mechanism, ensure that the french fry cutter you select has that provided for.
3. Method of Mounting
What is the method of mounting that your potato slicer applies? You will need to answer this based on the comfort it will give, as well as the space you have available.
For instance, you may have a countertop that is quite high for your height, and thus prefer the one that you can mount on the wall.
On the other hand, you may have a working surface that is not big, and to avoid cluttering it, you may decide to consider a wall-mountable slicer.
So, determine this too before spending your money. Also, ensure that the slicer features nonslip feet or at least suction cups so that it remains stable while using it.
4. Ease of Cleaning
What method of cleaning does the potato cutter support? Some are dishwasher safe while other requires that you hand wash.
As such, determine how easy it is to clean your french fry cutter. After all, this is something that you must do after every use, and you do not want to have a difficult time doing it. So, determine this too.
What is the warranty offered by the manufacturer on the parts of your slicer?
You do not want to purchase a french fry cutter, only to find out that once it breaks down, you have to keep spending to get a new one.
Find out about the customer care follow up so that you do not have a difficult time in case of a misfortune.
6. Other Considerations
Apart from the considerations above, other factors that come to play when selecting your potato slicer includes the slicing shape, weight, vegetables it can cut, the cost, among others.
These factors depend on your preference, as well as your budget. So, check on these factors too before determining the amount you will spend on the french fry cutter.
I hope that you now have what it takes to make the best choice when you want to purchase your potato slicer.
Remember, the satisfactory features that the french fry cutter includes should be your priority and not the price.
So, be sure to consider the features first among the potato cutters you come across, and more importantly, you can consider one of the products reviewed here for the best value for money.
Top Editor in TheDearLab. Traveler, Reader.